996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 PM
AnakChan is infamous around these parts
I was gonna say it's interesting the web pricing of the Turbo is cheaper than the web pricing for the SuperCharger but noticed now your SC's have been further discounted further.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The VF supercharger pricing was a limited promotion that VF pasted on to us. This turbo kit is our own and a different type of product.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here is some more info on the Turbocharger...

Advantages of Precision Turbo Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbochargers

• Uses dual ceramic ball bearings, as opposed to steel bearings (ceramic is a more heat tolerant material, so there is no need for water-cooling provisions)

Just some points to consider: Ceramic Hybrid bearings have much harder ***** and races attributing to it’s lower rolling resistance, higher heat tolerance, and longer life. Ceramic *****’ deviation from true circularity is much less than steel *****, which results in greatly reduced vibration in the bearing.
• Do not need to run water lines
• Ease of installation (will drop into any existing kit built around a T-series platform)
• Units come standard with a built-in oil feed restrictor fitting
• Units are fully rebuild able with component parts. This allows for less costly rebuilds in the event of an incident.
• We are providing a better product at no additional charge

FAQ

• Are these units more vulnerable to heat soak without the water cooling option? Do we have to worry about oil coking? Assuming that you are using clean, filtered oil that is changed every 3,000 miles, there should not be any issues. Water cooling was introduced only at the request of OEs to meet demands of longer oil change intervals. A properly designed air cooling approach combined with the best bearing materials available allows us to do away with all of the cluttered water cooling lines.
• Do they spool any better than the water cooled, T-series CHRA’s (IE less bearing drag)? Although a Hybrid ceramic ball bearing has much less rolling resistance than a steel ball bearing, a difference in transient response will rarely be noticed by “seat of the pants.”
• How is the durability versus the water-cooled T-series CHRA? Hybrid ceramic bearings last up to 5 times longer than steel ball bearings in the same environment.
• Are these full ceramic ball bearings or coated bearings? Hybrid ceramic. Steel races with silicon nitride *****.
• Is there a weight difference between our CHRA and the T-series? There is probably a minimal difference in CHRA weight, but when you remove all the water lines and fittings, there will be a significant overall weight savings.
• The reason that we don’t need a restrictor fitting is because…? The bearing housing has built in “oil passages.” We can say that in 2 years of rigorous testing, we have not had one fail or leak oil.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM
fast996 is infamous around these parts
I like the air to air intercooler setup, any pics of the shroud and intercooler? bar and plate? Also any thoughts of converting it to blow thru metering setup? so you can use a bov ? no biggie just wondering

Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
Will get some more pics on the 2nd kit we are doing. We will not be converting or making changes as the performance is premium. The kit has a valve on it. We have our Agency Power valve that can be setup 50/50 if you want the noise.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:19 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vividracing
Will it work for a 99, yes and no. With the drive by cable, there will be some differences. If you wanted it done, since you are in CA, send the car here and we could make it happen.
I presume a 2000 996 3.4L would not be a problem?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
No problem at all with the 2000-2001.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Very cool! Would have been an option I'd have considered when I bought the VF SC kit.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 05-21-2011, 02:17 PM
VIPR ETR is infamous around these parts
I think I might be ready for this at the price you got listed. Mines a 99 but from previous post you seem to be able to overcome this?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:32 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
How much ??? We have a 2003 Carrera !!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:18 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Dont get me wrong.this is tempting and nice setup.i just cannot see myself dump 10000 for the kit.considering na body 996 current market value this would be just dumb investment for me.
No offence to vivid this is nice setup just not for me.GLWS

Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 PM
krazyman is infamous around these parts
Will it work with stock engine lid? Does everything fit underneath? My car is a 2000 Cab.

Last edited by krazyman; 05-21-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:03 AM
ALE-SUPERBIKE is infamous around these parts
Price whit shipping in Italy ?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM
rooney is infamous around these parts
How much for a 04 C4S?

Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
I'm curious would this work on my tiptronic? If so how? Would top speed and acceleration be similar to the 6speed manual? how is this possible if a manual has an extra gear?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing