996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yes this would work on the tiptronic. The turbo kit components have no affiliation with the transmission so whether it is a tip or 6speed does not matter. Acceleration would be faster as your Tip is shifting quicker then the manual. I would recommend a TCU upgrade to increase what it can do for the car.

If your ready to get equipped, call me!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
The only concern with a NB tiptronic is that it is weaker than turbo tiptronics, and there is no spare clutches. Would the added stress be counterproductive, in the case of the normal ZF tips that regular carreras use?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Vivid, I would like to know if the intake system with the carbon box you guys developed for the new Turbo kit would be available as a separate piece? Have you thought about selling just this part? I think your development department did a great job. It's very hard to find a intake box system that works and keep the air filter enclosed altogether while still keeping the forced air cold.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
tarzan - This is a strong gain in HP, but the tranny will be fine. We can/have built these trans to hold more power as well. I do not feel it should be a concern at the power levels we are talking about.

Airrik - All parts are sold only in the complete kit. Sorry.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice, I would love to Vivid but just not in the budget right now for the Turbo. There are some other things I want to take care of first such rms, brake pads, new rims, suspension system, ground effects kits, and a few performance mods. I will order something from your site just not sure yet, when I will be ready.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
Sounds good and thanks for the opportunity.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Wing ???

It was important in the design of the turbo kit to retain the factory safety crash beam and minimizing the modifications to the vehicle. Safety is very important to us whether installing, developing, or using any type of product. For this turbo kit, we wanted to make sure that if a vehicle accident occurred, you would remain safe and lesson the damage done to the chassis of your vehicle. The crash beam is slightly trimmed on the interior portion by the provided templates to clear some of the turbo components. This does not affect the mounting of the support beam. Only 2 other holes are drilled with the provided templates for the pass through of the lower intercooler and air intake system.

This all fits under the factory wing on a carrera?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
Yes this works with the stock or aftermarket decklids.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
nice to see people start turbocharging their M96 engines ...... I have one from TPC its bullet prof Can you tell me whats the big different from TPC turbo?

Last edited by markar; 05-24-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
This is a completely different design. Turbocharger, wastegate, placement, fueling, intercooler type, TUNING, exhaust, etc. Please read post 1 and let me know what specific questions you have - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...id-racing.html.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
tarzan - This is a strong gain in HP, but the tranny will be fine. We can/have built these trans to hold more power as well. I do not feel it should be a concern at the power levels we are talking about.
This encourages me to think about the kit . Do you rebuild regular tips you say? I thought only tturbo tips. Would it be possible to upgrade a regular tip, like you do with turbo trannies?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Tarzan- I'm not sure if vivid does but they may. Turbo tiptronic transmission would probably cost near the price of the kit. Switzer has a tiptronic internal upgrade to handle 800whp I believe. You should contact them or go online and see some of their videos. I rode in a turbo tiptronic car one time. It was mildly modified and well tuned. That thing flew. Ask RobMd be rode I'm the same car. Not to mention the fact it had 95000 miles on it.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Tx carmstrong, the question I have for them regarding work on tips, is on regular carrera's tips. They do work on turbo tips. But so far, I have not found anybody that rebuids tips other than two places and they do not do upgraded clutches or anything, just rebuild.From Vivid's answers above, I got the hint that they do indeed work on "regular" tips.. which would be great.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Tx carmstrong, the question I have for them regarding work on tips, is on regular carrera's tips. They do work on turbo tips. But so far, I have not found anybody that rebuids tips other than two places and they do not do upgraded clutches or anything, just rebuild.From Vivid's answers above, I got the hint that they do indeed work on "regular" tips.. which would be great.
So I will assume none of the internal components are shared? I have never owned a tip car so don't know much about them. But you can buy a carrera 4 or 4s tiptronic. I figured they used similar transmission units.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:41 PM
This is good information to know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing