996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
As an FYI, the C2 narrowbody cars will not work with the quad tips unless you modify the outlets. So these will come with the single tip only like on the silver car.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 AM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
We dont do the 99 Drive by Cable cars. Sorry.
so post #10 that you made in this thread is no longer applicable?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sorry let me say this... We can sell you the kit, but does not tune the 99 cars. So you would have to have someone else do your custom tuning.

Last edited by vividracing; 02-01-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Where are my 996 Turbo Kit buyers

Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
eugizzle is infamous around these partseugizzle is infamous around these parts
Turbo Kit Comparison

Hi Vivid Racing,

Can you tell me the difference between the two turbochargers you offer for the 996 C2?? 1) Vividracing 2)TPC Other than the visual difference, what are the differences between performance?

Thanks,
E

Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
Speaking on behalf of someone that has used both turbos and supercharger kits, I can definitely say that with our kit there is a difference in how the turbo spools and responds based on throttle. Since we use a 6062 Precision turbo with a billet wheel, this turbo is very responsive. Besides our kit having near equal length piping into the turbo from the headers, its really the tuning that makes the car as strong as it is.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
The Carrera turbo kits now have a pump that goes inline with the oil drain line. Because the turbo sits just barely below the engine, the hydrostatic pressure and the dynamic seals of the turbo, smoke can occur if the car sits for a period of time. This update has been provided/scheduled with all past customers.

With that being said, the Turbo Kits are still ripping tarmac up and we are just finishing a 2000 C2 here that we will dyno.

If your interested in special pricing or more info, please contact me!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
eugizzle is infamous around these partseugizzle is infamous around these parts
Thank you for answering my question so promptly.

I have several other questions. In terms of procedure, how does it work? I order the parts of your website and it ships to me. And I bring it to my local porsche tuning shop to assemble the kit? And I saw a previous questions about smog and wasnt sure if it was addressed. Do you think the Vividracing kit can pass the smog check? Thanks again Vividracing.

-E

Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
Yes we build the kit, ship you the parts. The shop then installs the product. They must be more then capable and do require their info before selling. The ECU tuning is done via the OBDII port. For Smog, you will receive 2 files. 1 will have you passing.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts3deep is infamous around these parts
Can you build the kit with the cats after the turbo,instead of in front.Thats got to effect spool time.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Possibly we can. If your a serious buyer, contact me.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Dharma is infamous around these parts
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd put out my concern as far as upgrading my turbo on my K16 996 Porsche Carrera. First, a really good mechanic said that simply putting intercoolers on would give me more lag since the air is cooler but that would mean there would be less spool initially! Is there any way to get more low end power without just changing my turbochargers to K24? I already did the cold air, the racing plennum, and the chip which makes a difference, but is there any way to get the first and second gear acceleration better without moving up to better turbochargers. there's so much information that it's really confusing.

Thanks again,
Richard

Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Dharma is infamous around these parts
One more,

Just in case that last one was a little confusing.... O.K. I have a 03' 996 turbo. It's not the x50 and it has the K16 Turbo's. Now, I already put in the really great AWE chip, the cold air, and the plennum. It drives great. It's just that since I also have a 997 Turbo, I'm trying to move the 996 Turbo up so it has better beginning acceleration, and not just get it to go faster in the high end. it's damn fast already... but is there any way to get the low end faster? A really great mechanic tells me if I put intercoolers in it, I will really get more lag because although the air is cooler, the original turbo's are not going to make any difference except to lag back because of that in the low end. I'm sure you understand what i'm saying so I'm really trying to get more low end acceleration without having to do the usual which is get K24 Turbo's. Thanks for any advice,

Richard

Old 01-16-2012, 07:06 AM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Go with a Billet turbo setup. Unless you are ready for more. This sounds like a new thread topic though IMO this discussion is about the amazing and innovative turbo kit from vivid to convert na carrera cars.
Originally Posted by Dharma
One more,

Just in case that last one was a little confusing.... O.K. I have a 03' 996 turbo. It's not the x50 and it has the K16 Turbo's. Now, I already put in the really great AWE chip, the cold air, and the plennum. It drives great. It's just that since I also have a 997 Turbo, I'm trying to move the 996 Turbo up so it has better beginning acceleration, and not just get it to go faster in the high end. it's damn fast already... but is there any way to get the low end faster? A really great mechanic tells me if I put intercoolers in it, I will really get more lag because although the air is cooler, the original turbo's are not going to make any difference except to lag back because of that in the low end. I'm sure you understand what i'm saying so I'm really trying to get more low end acceleration without having to do the usual which is get K24 Turbo's. Thanks for any advice,

Richard

Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
Yea this needs to go into the 996 Turbo forum. This is thread is about a turbo upgrade for the 996 Carrera NA.

Will happily discuss your mods though - 4809663040 x222

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 996 Carrera Turbo Kit Released by Vivid Racing