996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Door pocket blues....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
scantu is infamous around these parts
Door pocket blues....

Hey guys,

I need some help and have not been able to find anything searchable....

Have any of you had the chance to assemble the driver door pocket? I found that my door pocket was moving a bit snug and i noticed that the pin that goes through the pocket cover and into the door was almost all of the way backed out and when i touched it.... you guessed it.. it fell completley out.

Is there a trick to feeding thid back in? I have a feeling that i'll need to tear apart the entire door panel and truly hope that is not the case.

Any thoughts? tips? ideas?

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
it happens to mine awhile back..you just have to play with it..it's frustrating at first but I managed to popped it in..you just have to line up the hole at a certain angle & push the pin back in..no need to remove the door panel...G/L

Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
mitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud ofmitdrx has much to be proud of
Did you ever fix this? I cant get mine back in either

Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
scantu is infamous around these parts
i did get this fixed. I remember that i needed to spin the piece in the door to a position that i could see the pin slide in. Once i had it close, i tapped it in with a hammer. The problem i was having was the alignment. youll notice in my picture that the pice in the door is in the 12 o'clock position. move it to the 6 and you can better see the pins alignment.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
That pin is supposed to have a ring clip on the inside.