996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Large brown spider in the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM
dailydriver is infamous around these parts
If I see him again I will be snapping a picture, then I am going to try to teach him to read a news paper... VERY closely. From doing some reading the most distinguishing marrking on the brown recluse is violin shaped mark starting at the base of the head with the neck of the violin pointing towards the butt. Now that I know what to look for, it will be easier to know if I am blowing things out of proportion.

I know that there are probably hundreds of poisionous/deadly creatures within a few feet of me every day that I never see, but knowing with certainty that one will be carpooling with me just set me over the edge.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:43 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dailydriver
If he showed back up long enough for me to get him with bug spray
Bengal with leave a light residue behind. It goes on dry and NOT wet like other sprays. So, the next time he/she comes by he will be dead.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM
KeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I guess If I was unsure I would kill fist identify later.
never had problem with spiders but had a few Wasps inside the car while driving.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KeithR32
Yeah I guess If I was unsure I would kill fist identify later.
never had problem with spiders but had a few Wasps inside the car while driving.
This is exactly what I did.

Kill/Shoot first, think later.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Park you car in the sun with the windows shut. That might fry the bastard.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM
EngineRoom is infamous around these parts
"Might" is the operative word. Implies, "might not." If you don't know the spider is gone, you'll always be thinking about it. Maybe you should loan the care to a "friend" for a few months.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
They don't like cold... maybe see if a local meat shop would let you use their freezer for a few hours. Just a thought

Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Soooo I think I may have gone a tad overboard..... I did a Raid dry mist fumigator in the cabin of the car with the car sealed and all of the compartments open (glove box, center console etc.) a dry mist fumigator under the bonet with the bonet closed but not latched shut, and 3 concentrated deep reach foggers in the garage with all of the doors closed.

I set everything off about an hour ago, and looked through a window a few minutes ago, the car is still filled with a nice solid cloud of fog, and there is a mild mist of fog throughout the garage. I think that bastich is good and dead if he was still in there.

I will update tomorrow if there is any residue / film to speak of, but I saw on another lexus forum where someone used the dry mist fumigators for an ant problem and did not have any issues the following day.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
I would have gone with escalating levels of defense. A bug bomb would have been much further down on the list, just before Industrial Microwave and Particle Accelerator.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wyovino
Fill the car up with toads.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

Anything that will kill a spider is really toxic to humans. I wouldn't try to poison one. The residual poison in your car will be worse for you than anything the spider could do to you.

Ridding yourself of a ground spider is easy.

Leave strips of packing tape, sticky side up near the edges of a room and across doorways. Spiders roam at night, looking for food. Within a short time, you'll find it (them) stuck on the tape where it tried to crawl across.

What you saw is probably a common ground spider that actually does a lot of good....too bad it was in the "wrong place."

Next time just lay out some packing tape, sticky side up. If you don't get it one night, just remove the tape for the day, and try again. Non-toxic. Cheap. Effective.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 AM
I have exorcized the recluse…. This car is CLEAR!

There was very minimal residue on the inside of the windows this morning. It is not too bad, just a tiny film. Everything else was pretty clean, there was no residue to speak of on the seats or dash. I didn't clean anything and wore black pants today, no evidence of anything.

There is a little bit of an odor in the car this morning. It is not so much a poison smell, more like mild cleaning supplies. The fumigator advertises that it will leave a "fresh scent" so I expected that to some degree.

I don't think there is ANYTHING living in that car anymore so I am good to go.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
If you start to feel woozy while driving, pull over and exit the vehicle.

I wonder if insect fogging can foul the MAF?

Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 AM
DaveFL1976 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dailydriver
I have exorcized the recluse…. This car is CLEAR!

There was very minimal residue on the inside of the windows this morning. It is not too bad, just a tiny film. Everything else was pretty clean, there was no residue to speak of on the seats or dash. I didn't clean anything and wore black pants today, no evidence of anything.

There is a little bit of an odor in the car this morning. It is not so much a poison smell, more like mild cleaning supplies. The fumigator advertises that it will leave a "fresh scent" so I expected that to some degree.

I don't think there is ANYTHING living in that car anymore so I am good to go.
You should really wipe down everything in your car with a warm soapy rag. You've got a nice layer of poison coating your car's interior now. Who knows what you're breathing in, or what happens to it when you roll the windows up and park it in a parking lot to bake for an afternoon.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
Smile

This is one of the funniest threads on here. I know the spider thing is over now, try this how about a freaking bullfrog inside behind your electrically powered passenger mirror? You know how I got the stubborn musical amphibian out? I poked it with a stick while adjusting the mirror.
Always be ready for nature next time it could be an armadillo under your car. In the Tampabay are we. Have foxes too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Large brown spider in the car