996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Custom built exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM
rn3037 is infamous around these parts
Sounds bad ***, I like that higher pitched exotic sound.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scantu
No sir. Its a legal plate. alot of work to get approved and i was willing to to the legwork.
Interesting. As plates are legislatively restricted to specific - size, shape, color and number sequence (retired cop here) I would love to hear how you were able to get a waver for a complete deviation from Texas laws regarding license plates. I own the original plates from my car (German delivery) I leave them in my garage as the consequences for misuse of plates, in Colorado, would be unpleasant to experience.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM
scantu is infamous around these parts
Steve,

Texas has the largest options for colors shapes ect. In fact County cops like it better because they are much easier to read. with being nearly twice the size, ive been applauded by police because of such courage.

I love how ex Police officers like to chime thei .02 cent worth any chance they get.... sarcasm. regardless of details, ive NEVER been hassled and really dont worry about it. a tag is a tag. the number comes back and is registered to the car. Think of it this way... the plates from 1940 dont look anything like they do today and you can still get them approved as an official plateing verification for your car.

If you plan is to pry into my business than go ahead... bore yourself. Im willing to chat about this offline rather than openly in a forum environment....security and respect.

Cheers.

Last edited by scantu; 10-27-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the compliment RN. I took a risk and it paid off well. Ive actually had several requests for this set up since i posted this video and all have been satisfied. It sounds really good with a load on the engine. sounds much better than in the video. The car has a TON of mods to it and the exhaust was the finishing touch. you can actually feel the gain and torque curve.

I can send you the details if you would like. Just send me a OM request.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Steve,
I love how ex Police officers like to chime thei .02 cent worth any chance they get.... sarcasm. regardless of details, ive NEVER been hassled and really dont worry about it. a tag is a tag. the number comes back and is registered to the car. Think of it this way... the plates from 1940 dont look anything like they do today and you can still get them approved as an official plateing verification for your car.
I'm not sure what your issue is with cops, or me, but I was simply interested in how you obtained your permission. Sorry I asked, ....

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-27-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Disrespectful
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
geesh... really Steve?

my dad was a cop, and my Godfather happens to be the Captain of the Drug Task Force in Austin...... i dont have ANY issues with cops. that was your *** bite of an assumption. Get over yourself. Really. What i hate is when Cops throw their "knowledge" around. if you're retired, this means that alot has probably changed since you patroled and you dont know as much as you think you do these days. I wasnt trying to be an ***.... I took it like you were so knowledgable, your mind couldnt wrap your mind around the fact that it can be done. BTW, this thread has nothing to do with a frikin plate. and as i mentioned before, if you'd like to chat about this offline send me a PM. its more polite and the general public probably doesnt want to ready all of this BS.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 PM
MileHigh986 has a spectacular aura aboutMileHigh986 has a spectacular aura aboutMileHigh986 has a spectacular aura about
geesh... really Steve? my dad was a cop, and my Godfather happens to be the Captain of the Drug Task Force in Austin...... i dont have ANY issues with cops. that was your *** bite of an assumption. Get over yourself. Really. its more polite and the general public probably doesnt want to ready all of this BS.
Blah, blah...your post was totally rude.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM
feroz928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by milehigh986
blah, blah...your post was totally rude.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Mile High and Feroz,

I can appreciate the fact that you two thought my comment was rude or offensive, but it was directly written to Denver's disrespectful comment from yesterday.

You dont see it now as he kindly EDITED his comment at 11:08pm last night. So thanks for all noticing that I am the bad guy.

Thank you Denver for retracting your comment as I will out right do the same. My apologies for an equally rude comment publicly on this board.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:43 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Nice sounding exhaust Scantu,
and now that everyone has kissed and made up, How do I get those plates for my C2 ?? LOL

NO, but realy, I like the plates, how do i do it? I just IM'ed you

Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I'm not an ex cop.....but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last week.....

Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
flybye_ is infamous around these parts
so please walk us though the process of getting euro tags, is it only a TX thing?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by flybye_
so please walk us though the process of getting euro tags, is it only a TX thing?
Oh no you di'ent.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
Alright guys... I took the time to finally get up the speed with posting videos... so here it goes.

I have several 600hp cars under my belt and have always used Spin Tech mufflers and figured "what the heck" and had 2 mufflers custom built to my needed specs.

I used the Sportsman Split Case 344SC part and had additional sound deadening put on one side of the box to keep the db s down as i know these can get very loud. All fit well... 11.5 inch casing length (13 total with outlets) 9 inches wide. My exhaust guy fit these right into the factory spot and took abot an hour to do. I had the mufler bypass on the car and wanted it fixed the day i pt it on because it was TOO LOUD for my taste. This is smooth and very quiet in the car and my wife doesn't even have to raise her voice to me.

All in all, I think it sounds great for the $400.00 i spent on the total project including install. In addition, i did feel a small but very noticable hp and torque gain.

Let me know what you all think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDohoZkVB0
Sergio sounds great! Do you have the stock intake? I'm also vet interested in the Euro plates. Very cool indeed!

Last edited by Slopeslider2; 10-30-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by flybye_
Did you ever get a response or did this go the way of many other "special dispensation" stories?

Last edited by denversteve; 11-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom built exhaust