996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Custom built exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
scantu is infamous around these parts
hey guys,

Sorry i havent responded to your requests, i was pre occupied with work and my son's health.

ok.. the plates.. all of you want to know about the plates.

Its a loophole. I know i said earlier that it took leg work to get approved. The legwork was researching laws against it and the approval was from "the Boss/Wife. Texas is the only state that i know of that has over 1500 plate combination color/lettering options. With the laws so loosley with the color and plate style i took a risk and ordered a set of Euro plates with my tag number on it. I've driven with these for over 10 years on all of my cars and have never ONCE been asked about them. My wife and i have been pulled over for speeding, misuse of signall and a dated inspection sticker at one point and not a single question was raised.

I know Denver Steve, being an ex officer will chime in here somehow, but at the end of the day the number on my plate comes back to my car, name address and ID. (even from a patrol standpoint, if it checks out, does the color and size really matter?) One time a cop made a joke about them because of the much larger size. He claimed to have a much more accurate reading when he gunned me for speeding.

Its a risk guys and i wouldnt suggest it, but i cant find any laws against them. And it might be a "Texas" thing. We have everything from pink to yellow/purple...whatever you want on order as long as the number on it check out. And quite frankly, i dont think the APD gives a care about them.

Loophole.... use it to your risk level.

Last edited by scantu; 11-12-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: additional comments.