996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New ride: 2000 996 Cab Supercharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
DaveFL1976 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Airrik
Cool a Supercharged Convertible 996 you don't see those everyday
With a child seat, even!

I'm sure the kid loves it! My 15 month-old sure does! She gets a BIG smile when you strap her in the back of the 996 cabrio that you just don't see when you're sitting her into the child seat in mommy's Ford Edge.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:58 PM
mec0t0 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DaveFL1976
With a child seat, even!

I'm sure the kid loves it! My 15 month-old sure does! She gets a BIG smile when you strap her in the back of the 996 cabrio that you just don't see when you're sitting her into the child seat in mommy's Ford Edge.
Good eye, I have 2 car seats in the back. Recaro Vivo booster fits well for my 4 year old and a Graco for my 18 month old. Whenever we go out they always ask for the Porsche, car is a little bumpy and loud but they seem to love that

Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
MJ3
MJ3 is infamous around these parts
Congrats...enjoy your new toy

Old 08-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Gibenstein is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your new toy/ride!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase, car looks great and I bet its a fun drive. Lots of great information on here so feel free to ask any questions and let me know if you need anything.
Thanks,
Hi Alex@Fabspeed, it is normal to have a gurgle/poping sound when I let off gas due to reduced back pressure? I have maxflow muffler and headers on my 996. It doesn't sound like backfire just a slight pop right as I let off gas but not as extreme as the flowmasters I had on my last mustang.

Thanks..

Old 08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Yes that is normal and tells you the car is running happy. Anytime you have a much less restrictive exhaust, the left over unburned fuel will ignite and create some popping out of the exhaust when you lift off the gas.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Yes that is normal and tells you the car is running happy. Anytime you have a much less restrictive exhaust, the left over unburned fuel will ignite and create some popping out of the exhaust when you lift off the gas.
Glad to hear that it's normal. I noticed that my idle is not as smooth as I want, does the exhaust do that as well? I am checking to see if I have any vacuum leaks as well, there are many intake connections with the supercharger that can potentially draw un-metered air.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
The exhaust will cause the car to sound different at Idle but it wont cause it to run rougher. I would go through and check all the connections anyway to make sure everything is connected properly. Also check your MAF sensor, because that can cause the Idle to run irregular or rough.
thanks

Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Cool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura aboutCool T has a spectacular aura about
I had an 02 Formula Firebird a few years back,installed a turbo pushing 8lbs of boost...and blew the motor What's the risk on these cars pushing 6lbs?
I recently purchased a 02 C2 (stock),and I have to tell you,got the itch for a supercharger)

Old 08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Cool T
I had an 02 Formula Firebird a few years back,installed a turbo pushing 8lbs of boost...and blew the motor What's the risk on these cars pushing 6lbs?
I recently purchased a 02 C2 (stock),and I have to tell you,got the itch for a supercharger)
From what I hear, 6PSI is plenty safe for 996 engines. Together with the ECU flash and charge cooling, the VF kit is quite reliable.

Performance wise all I can say is this car can get scary above 4k if you have too much fun.

Others can chime in...

Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
These D2Forged wheels are the nicest wheels I've seen on any newer era Porsche.

I've been lurking the web and these forums for about a month now. I will be in the market for a 996TT and I'm already trying to factor the cost of these wheels into the cost of my future car.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by GaFFLe
These D2Forged wheels are the nicest wheels I've seen on any newer era Porsche.

I've been lurking the web and these forums for about a month now. I will be in the market for a 996TT and I'm already trying to factor the cost of these wheels into the cost of my future car.
The wheels I have are HRE 547R, they are 19x8.5" up front (235 wide) and 19x10.5 rear (295 wide). They are forged 3 piece and probably been discontinued now, at about $1300 a piece you definetely need to factor in the cost.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Ian Rainey is infamous around these parts
I would love a supercharged 996. Enjoy that car for me!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
wyo996 is infamous around these parts
I have had my C4S coupe SCed for 7 years now, number 19 and the first C4S in the US done by Evomotorsports, 30k miles on the SC. It gets at least 28 mpg on the Hwy at 80 plus. I don't do much city driving here in Wy and have the car on a diet, it weighs 3340 at the truck scale. CF hood, Fiksi wheels, Odessy battery, GT2 body kit, lightweight flywheel. Maybe it is you trip computer off a little due to the MAF. I use the stock 996 post 2002 MAF. Will

Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
speakerfreaker is infamous around these parts
hi just a question about these supercharged carreras... do they match the performance of a turbo in a sprint to 60??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New ride: 2000 996 Cab Supercharged