996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 02:50 PM
BeastPower is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by jenner
BP, can I order/pay now or do I have to wait for the group buy to fill up?

Your post about my mirror waiting to be sent to me has me confused. Thanks.
I just lowered the price on both 996 mirrors to $695 for the duration of this Group Buy. Once 10 mirrors are sold, I will change the price back to $995. Anyone who is interested can do so.

Here are the links to BeastPower Motorsports' website:

Click for Porsche 996TT Auto Dimming Valentine One Mirror -$695

Click for Porsche 996 Manual Dimming Valentine One Mirror -$695

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 10-24-2003, 02:37 AM
BeastPower is infamous around these parts
Wow, you guys are tough customers! How about we ask you how much you would want to pay for one of the mirrors?

What would you pay?

Cheers.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:43 AM
AdamB is infamous around these parts
As derogatory as this might sound, I've been wondering what the exact reason behind buying one of these mirrors is. Regardless of whether or not you buy the mirror one needs to still hang the V1 Radar detector right next to the mirror or high up on the windshield in order to maintain front/rear reception. Therefore the mirror doesn't remove the look of the radar detector being mounted. So if the mirror doesn't accomplish that task, what does it do? It intigrates the remote display within a few inches of where the main unit most likely hangs. I honestly don't see why I would want to spend any amount of money just so that I look at a mirror display sitting 3-5" away from where the original display was located.

Maybe its just me, but I have always thought these mirror ideas are perhaps one of the most frivilous items on the market. The point at which they will become interesting would be if someone was capable of crafting the mirror such that it not only included a display, but it incorporated the V1 Radar Detector itself into the mirror. Then you'd truly not need to hang the radar detector and at that point the item would move from frivilous to probably demanding a $1000-1500 premium.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Adam your avatar pic looks familar to me. You post on AWOT?

Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Some good points...but what about those who hide the v1 unit in the headliner, mount it elsewhere and use the 3rd party remote sensors, or prefer to have it mounted right at the dash level

Originally posted by AdamB
As derogatory as this might sound, I've been wondering what the exact reason behind buying one of these mirrors is. Regardless of whether or not you buy the mirror one needs to still hang the V1 Radar detector right next to the mirror or high up on the windshield in order to maintain front/rear reception. Therefore the mirror doesn't remove the look of the radar detector being mounted. So if the mirror doesn't accomplish that task, what does it do? It intigrates the remote display within a few inches of where the main unit most likely hangs. I honestly don't see why I would want to spend any amount of money just so that I look at a mirror display sitting 3-5" away from where the original display was located.

Maybe its just me, but I have always thought these mirror ideas are perhaps one of the most frivilous items on the market. The point at which they will become interesting would be if someone was capable of crafting the mirror such that it not only included a display, but it incorporated the V1 Radar Detector itself into the mirror. Then you'd truly not need to hang the radar detector and at that point the item would move from frivilous to probably demanding a $1000-1500 premium.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
In my former 996 I put mine behind the passenger seat you could potentially buy/make something that is a bit more discrete. I have seen boxes that hide the V1 unit. I have a V1/auto dimming mirror in my garage waiting to be installed. I think they are very functional. This time i plan on doing an install that makes the unit 100% concealed.

I do agree an all in one mirror would be cool. A great product for V1 to develop.

Attached Images  

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 11-24-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
it's legal here in WA.. so the only reason for the mirror mount is cause it looks cool

Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM
RaDaRkInG is infamous around these parts
Old 11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
The remote V1 kit looks great, except of course, for the price...

Old 12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
loliver is infamous around these parts
The reason for the V1 remote display is at night, cars and police behind you can not see the lit up display. With the mirror, the traffic behind still can see your V1 light up.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:04 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by AdamB

+1

Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Who have one of these installed in their car?