996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:07 PM
BeastPower is infamous around these parts
Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695

BeastPower is offering a very reduced price for it's 996 and 996TT Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors. These mirrors are manufactured by Ai Design (www.aidesign.com, a fellow 6speedonline sponsor), and are normally priced at $995. There are 2 versions:

1) Auto-dimming for the 996TT.
2) Manual Dimming for the 996.

The manual dimming mirror also has a Valentine One control/volume/mute **** and speaker built in.

We are offering as a group buy of a total of 10 mirrors (5 mirrors of each model) for $695 each. This is virtually at cost, and makes sense to BeastPower, as it will help spread the word. We are working on an enclosure for the Valentine One main unit (most likely 2-3 months away).

The mirrors also incorporate front and rear LEDs within the V1's front and rear arrows. These LEDs can be activated to act as indicators for either the Lidatek or K40 laser jammers.

This group buy has been confirmed with the admins of 6speedonline.com.

Cheers,

Daniel

-------------------------------------------
Photos of Auto-Dimming Mirror:

Photos of Manual-Dimming Mirror:

Old 10-14-2003, 06:55 AM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
So why is the auto-dim only for the turbo? Is the auto-dim mirror on the NA 996 different?

I want to get one of these for my C2, but I have the auto-dim mirror and I don't want to lose that function.

Thanks!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
I'm VERY interested. How many have signed up for the group buy so far?

Old 10-14-2003, 12:51 PM
nova996,
The auto dimming mirror is available as a replacement for any 996 auto dimming mirror. The mirrors we use are OEM Porsche mirrors. The reason I focused the auto dimming promotion on the TT, is that almost all TT's come with it, and almost all 996's have the manual dimming mirror.

jenner,
This was just introduced last night, and so far you are the first to sign-up. Hopefully the GB will be complete by the end of this week. All the units are in stock and can ship immediately via FedEx.

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 10-14-2003, 01:16 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
WOW That is a great Deal! Thanks for being so fair to the board Daniel!

Old 10-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
This part has me confused:

"We are working on an enclosure for the Valentine One main unit (most likely 2-3 months away)."

If my V1 unit is stuck on the windshield next to the mirror already, then what is the point of the concealed display right next to it built into the mirror(other than coolness factor)? If I want to look up to see my V1 display right now, I look slightly to the right of the mirror.

I was under the impression(because of the $1000 list price) that the mirror had the V1 either built into it, or built in someplace else in the car, but now I am thinking that $1000 or the group buy price only gets a mirror with the concealed display built in. If this is correct, what is the point.

Obviously this information has changed my thoughts on purchasing.

Thanks.

Old 10-14-2003, 01:32 PM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
I'm wondering the same think Jenner is. Can someone provide a quick link to what other parts are required and where, generally, the V1 unit is placed?

Old 10-14-2003, 05:35 PM
BeastPower is working with Ai Design (www.aidesign.com) - they are making the mirrors for BeastPower, and we have global exclusivity from them.

Ai Design sells the complete kit with installation for $3,900. This kit includes the following:
- Valentine One (V1) main unit.
- K40 Laser Diffuser.
- BeastPower Mirror display.
- Installation.

The way this system works, is that the V1 is placed in the rear (inside the 996, but also inside an enclosure). The radar detection still works perfectly, but the laser detection is no longer functional. The K40 is mounted in the front and rear. Ai Design uses the K40's laser detection instead of the V1's laser detection. All this gets transmitted to the mirror display. The V1 remote control **** controls the V1 system. This offers a completely concealed integrated installation.

As you can see, with the BeastPower mirror being offered for $695, one could go to their custom audio shop and have them wire the system as I described above.

Ai Design has installed this system in countless exotic and high-line vehicles (many 996's too; and I am sure there are members of this board who have gone to Ai Design for the installation.

We are trying to put together a "kit" that includes the above with wiring, harnesses, mounting hardware and detailed instructions with photos). We will hopefully offer this kit, but it
will be a while before we get it all organized. The kit will probably retail between $2,500 to $3,000.

For now, we are just selling the mirrors for what is essentially BeastPower's cost in order to increase market awareness.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Daniel

Old 10-14-2003, 07:00 PM
bob/ft.worth is infamous around these parts
Now this would make sense for me

my V1 is mounted by the rear seats, the display in the cubby hole. So, I'm considering the group buy

Old 10-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Re: Now this would make sense for me

Originally posted by bob/ft.worth
my V1 is mounted by the rear seats, the display in the cubby hole. So, I'm considering the group buy

That is is very nice idea for a mounting point.

Cheers.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:56 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
What about the V1 Box Shank made to work with your mirror Daniel?

Old 10-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Mounting so low may not be a good idea.

Bob,

Mounting your detector so low in the vehicle (as you have done) will most certainly reduce the effectiveness of the V1. Generally, you want the detector mounted as high as possible in the vehicle.

Also... it looks to me as if the detector will be blocked by the deployment of the rear wing (it may be close) which means that your detector's effectiveness from the rear will be even less effective when you need it the most.

Anyway... just a few thoughts.

Kind Regards,

Joe West

Old 10-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
What would the cost be if I sent you my original mirror to modify?

Hi Daniel,

Would the cost be reduced substantially if I were to send you my mirror to modify? If so... can you quote a price? It seems to me that most of the price of this modification would be in the cost of the mirror... and were we to purchase your mirror with the controls built-in, we'd have a spare mirror laying around (and that seems like a big waste). The cost of the remote control unit installed in the mirror is less than $50 and the etching/manufacturing process can't be that expensive.
Would it be possible to just ship you our existing mirrors and have you modify them and ship them back?

Kind Regards,

Joe West

Old 10-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Joe, someone already does this for $250. See the link below.

http://www.apexcone.com/prod_invisimirror.html

Old 10-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Sorry, I meant $299.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695