996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

what is "M030 European sport suspension package"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:33 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
what is "M030 European sport suspension package"

thanks in advance.

i found a 02 C4S that comes with this package... what is it? good or bad thing? thanks.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
In my opinion it is a good thing. It was a big improvement on a stock 2000 carrera. heavier duty sway bars and heavier springs and shocks. Not sure on the C4S, because that is a different suspension than what comes on the stock carrera. That is what I believe to be the same as what is on the twin turbo.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:47 PM
ScottW is infamous around these parts
The European (also called ROW for rest-of-world) suspensions are typically a bit lower (0.5-1.0") than the US standard suspensions. Many people fit this to their cars for a better look. The spring rates are typically the same or very close, so it is primarily just a ride height adjustment.

The C2 is available with the two suspension, the standard or a sport "M030" suspension package, both for US models and ROW. The C4S comes with one suspension for each market (ROW and USA). The C4S suspension is unique in that it is sportier/stiffer than the std C2 suspension, so many people mistakingly refer to it as the M030, since it is about as stiff at the sport suspension on the C2.

I think it's a good thing and I'm probably going to add the ROW suspension to my car.

-Scott

PS. There is one other option for the C4S called X73 (C2 version is called X74). It is sometimes refered to as the "Race" suspension and is even lower than the ROW and stiffer.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
thanks a lot for the education.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:09 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
as a prior owner of a ROWm030 set-up, i would not advise that you choose it for "aesthetic" purposes. does it firm up the ride vs. oem? yes. is it genuine Porsche oem? yes. does it give the car a "lowered look?" no. not even close.

hope this helps.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by oalvarez
does it give the car a "lowered look?" no. not even close.

hope this helps.
i would have to disagree. the ROW M030 wil not give you the "slammed" look but it will take away the "lift kit appearance" that the car unfortunately comes with.

in other words, it is the best of both worlds: you get a look of the how the car should be, not too low but not too high; and it drastically improves the handling without hardly sacrificing the ride(I cannot even tell that the ride is more stiff than before)

Old 04-24-2005, 06:50 AM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
"you get the look of how the car should be" is your opinion, and i respect that. i'm not sure how the car "is supposed to look" unless you're comparing it to the ride height of an european spec p-car. what i do know is that it hardly looks "lowered" using the RoWM030 application.

TROVAN: if you go onto the PCA.org website and look up RoWM030, there is a lengthy report on this very topic. i think you would find it very useful. hope it helps!

Old 04-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
fair enough - but cars coming from the factory appear to almost be "lifted". take a look at a new one and focus on the space between the tire and top of the wheel well, and then look at the space between the bottom of the car and the ground. i didn't realize how funny it looks until i started focusing on these regions.

the ROW M030, IMHO , makes the "gaps" more bearable and more in line with the lines of the car. some prefer the slammed look where there is only a fingerbreadths(if that) distance between the tire & wheel well. to me, that is overdoing it.

take a look at several pics of cars with different suspension set ups and you'll come to a happy medium