996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Where to buy detailing products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Where to buy detailing products?

I just found out that Classic Motoring Accessories (www.properautocare.com) has gone out of business. That's unfortunate as I've been buying detailing products from them for at least 7 years. Any recommendations for an online detailing retailer with good service, prices and product selection (preferably on the East Coast)?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-02-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Detailer's Domain (Norwood, NJ). I've also used Detailed Image.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:11 AM
911mike99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
I just found out that Classic Motoring Accessories has gone out of business. That's unfortunate as I've been buying detailing products from them for at least 7 years. Any recommendations for an online detailing retailer with good service, prices and product selection (preferably on the East Coast)?
I use Zaino on the Porsche. And Griots products on my BMW's. There both great products.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Ph3n0m is infamous around these partsPh3n0m is infamous around these parts
zaino on my life

Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
That's unfortunate. I have been ordering from properautocare.com for a while too. Autogeek.net is a site with similar products and prices. I have ordered from there as well and have been satisfied.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
scantu is infamous around these parts
I've been using these products for years!! http://www.showroomfx.com/default.asp

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-02-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Detailers Domain for sure.

Phil knows his stuff, and they're even sort of local to you so you can go pick up the stuff, while you mine his brain for detailing pointers and tips. (that's what I used to do)

Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
KevinR is infamous around these parts
These are some that I have used with good experiences:
Griot's Garage
Autogeek
Car Care Specialties
Detailer's Domain

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Detailing Dynamics, they're in Mineola. They'll take care of you. Speak to Eddie or Matt tell them I sent you.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I just found out that Classic Motoring Accessories (www.properautocare.com) has gone out of business. That's unfortunate as I've been buying detailing products from them for at least 7 years. Any recommendations for an online detailing retailer with good service, prices and product selection (preferably on the East Coast)?
What products are you looking for?

We've been in business for 15 years, 6speed sponsor since 2005, and specialize in Porsches.

We price match anyone and always offer free shipping for orders over $99.

Let me know.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Beaglehusky is a jewel in the roughBeaglehusky is a jewel in the roughBeaglehusky is a jewel in the rough
Griot's

I've been very happy with Griot's Garage products. IIRC they ship for free.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:17 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I have purchased from Moe and Phil (see detailing section) and have had excellent service and pricing.

bob