996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car got egged and ate the paint!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 AM
MothXz is infamous around these parts
Car got egged and ate the paint!!!

So as I pull out of the garage to go to work this morning I noticed a large white yellowish spot on the rear window of my car. At first I thought wow that bird must of ate something bad but as I pulled up next to the car I noticed someone egged it all around and I mean EGGED IT BADLY!! Quickly washed everything off and was a little tough because the egg was completely dried. As I rinsed the car off I noticed I missed a spot to only realize that the paint above the door handle had completely come off!!! Fu$!in' kids have nothing better to do. Not a good start to this Monday or the week. Sigh...

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  124.7 KB

Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
**** that sucks! but what can you do, kids are kids, you and i were once... I did that once went around with friends egging, i was very young, stupid and ofcourse peer pressuered... Soon after i realized what i had done and regretted it badly...

Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
That sucks. Hopefully a good body shop can fix it up for you for a reasonable cost.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
That sucks. It happens sometimes watch where you park too.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
too bad you didnt catch them.....

Old 10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned
J_STATUS is infamous around these parts
Yeah...sucks man...i'd be pissed.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Ya it sucks because it's very noticeable during the day. The damage may look small but sticks out like a sore thumb! Go figure, never thought my '04 CLK car cover would fit but it just barely made it. Ordered a car cover about two weeks ago and called yesterday to check status and it's delayed another week. Oh well, Porsche parked in front of my house wrapped in a benz car cover. Whatever works I guess lol

Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Peterpokerplane is infamous around these parts
I'm having to install security cameras at my parents' house because some punks keep egging their house and trucks every couple months. What people don't understand is that the shell is just as damaging as the proteins and yolks inside the egg. Leaving the egg yolks on the car for a time will most certainly damage the paint, but when people throw the egg hard enough, it completely chips the paint down to the bare metal. The paint is literally chipped off, in the shape of a a circular star burst. This requires a repaint of the entire panel! Stupid "harmless" prank actually causes at least several hundred if not thousands of dollars. Those little punks are gonna pay next time an egg hits my parents' cars!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Exactly!! The sulfur in eggs oxidizes metals/paint and the shells become razor blades when thrown at high velocity. That's what happen to my car. Shells cracked the paint job and now I'm in to spend an unnecessary amount of money to fix the door! Arghhhh!!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Time to call insurance and get a new paint job. If it is just one section, a mobile painter can do it for a few hundred.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
ewaleson is infamous around these parts
Why would you park the car without the cover outside?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 AM
the fast one is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djantlive
Time to call insurance and get a new paint job. If it is just one section, a mobile painter can do it for a few hundred.
Im with him is be calling the insurance company a good painter should have no problem with that spot.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Call the police and fill out a report. So, if they ever get caught the can be held accountable. Then call the insurance company.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by ewaleson
Why would you park the car without the cover outside?
Because it's too low to get into my garage and ordered a cover two weeks ago but still hasn't arrived.

Originally Posted by function12
Call the police and fill out a report. So, if they ever get caught the can be held accountable. Then call the insurance company.
Police report already filed and still have to take it in for an estimate.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 AM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Originally Posted by function12
What sucks is selling your car down the road and having potential buyers pull an AutoCheck/Carfax seeing this egg repaint listed as a damage/collision because you reported it to insurance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car got egged and ate the paint!!!