996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Saga of my GT3 Bumper....(long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:02 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Here we go again with another "bash the supplier" thread. I can remember the same thing that happened with Foreign Affairs (no longer a board sponsor) and Evo Motorsports (board sponsor).

I have no affiliation with Brandywine other than the fact that I have dealt with Justin for a few years now and bought thousands of dollars worth of parts. In fact, I'm from Boston so I pretty much hate everything about Philly! Justin has always been straight forward and a pleasure to deal with. He's even been willing to buy-back used parts from me - wheels, CF parts, etc. I most recently bought a set of Lloyd mats for my TT as well as yellow dials and a silver hood crest. They arrived by FedEx exactly when Justin promised.

Maybe Corey is 100% correct, but haven't we all learned that there are usually two sides to every story? These forums can be real tough - one screw up and you're pretty much finished. At least Justin took the time to respond and state his policy and position.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:09 AM
jdl175 is infamous around these parts
You are exagerrating severely.

I was not trying to pull a fast one. That unit came from a German based supplier and surely is better quality than the other one your are referring to.

Please stop describing me as some lying tyrant. I never lyed to you or tried to pull a fast one. This is a sitsuation that has been rectified fairly and quickly.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
he responded because I have made a lot of noise about this on more than just this board. I'm a loud person, I'm in sales.

I do not suffer people thinking me a fool I will go out of my way to let people know. Yes they did give me a refund, but I had to drive 200 miles round trip with about 20 bucks in tolls when the guy should have been honest with me on the phone. Also if I would have had it shipped, then what kind of hassle would I have to get my full refund back including shipping. This is not a small item it's a bumper and the box is about the size of a small adult.

And I'll leave it at that...

Last edited by CoreyNJ; 04-30-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:21 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
In Justin's defense - he has been straight forward with me as far as I know. Parts I got were as promised. I am not saying this to minimize someone elses frustration, just saying this so people know that mistakes sometimes happen and so do miscommunications. The idea is what is done to correct the misinformation.

Old 04-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i have my reservations about Brandywine and always will but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

saying that, i bet what happened between you & Justin is exactly what Arling described with the confusion of some Porsche aftermarket companies labeling their stuff as OEM. to the average buyer, it probably does not get "caught". but to someone like you and me, informed, it appears to be a SCAM. I am done with Brandywine(as I'm sure they are with me - especially after this thread) but do recognize that mistake & misunderstandings do happen - whichever one this recent issue turned out to be.

Old 04-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
by the way, I buy 95% of my stuff from Jeff at Sunset Porsche now. They charge cost + 15% plus a nominal shipping fee. I have yet to buy anything "big" recently but they have looked up endless part #'s and part costs for me without much return.

to give you an example: I was about to buy an upgraded steering wheel airbag cover from them but they suggested it would be cheaper to buy it from my local dealer just because shipping for "hazardous" cargo is rather sufficient. we calculated the cost from them including shipping and the cost of a local buy with the PCA discount and then added tax. Jeff was correct and ended up saving me ~$40. I said I would just go ahead and buy it from him because of all the legwork he has done for me recently but he said don't worry about it - he was happy just to help out a fellow enthusiast. just an example of their honesty showing me that they care about me first rather than making a $.

Last edited by Lizard1; 04-30-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I feel the same way about Rick @ Suncoast, never realized how awesome they are until you have a bad experience. I re-orded, and pre-payed for my bumper though them and I'll wait. I'm in no rush. When it comes it comes, but it will be the one I wanted to begin with. I did have to pay shipping so it cost me total a bit more, that was my reasoning for getting a relativly local dealer like Brandywine to order the part but it's worth the extra few $$$ to have piece of mind.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:30 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Is this a GT3 or a standard bumper

Folks, I am reading this thread and looking at the picture ( white Porsche) in the thread. Is my bumper a GT3 or a normal bumper that is standard to a C2 1999?
I am confused..
HarryR

Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this a GT3 or a standard bumper

Originally posted by hroussard
Folks, I am reading this thread and looking at the picture ( white Porsche) in the thread. Is my bumper a GT3 or a normal bumper that is standard to a C2 1999?
I am confused..
HarryR
u have the standard C2 bumper on the early 996s'. if u want GT3 front the only one fits is the Mark I GT3 bumper. the one in the pics is the Mark II GT3 front bumper only fits on 996 after 2002 with the new headlight design.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:03 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Harry,
this is the Mark I GT3 bumper for ur car:

this is the Mark II GT3 bumper for newer 996s:

Old 04-30-2005, 05:24 PM
RLandis is infamous around these parts
I feel bad for all concerned on this thread.....it's like this....you go into a retaurant, they run out of the item you wanted, and the waiter spills soup on you.......I'm at the next table, and everything is as I want it......you say the place sucks, and I send all my friends there......

corey's a great guy, and has helped many on these forums...I for one pestered him with a zillion emails when I was in the mkt for a PCM II, and he his photos & instructions saved me hundreds of dollars......

Others have had good experiences w/Brandywine....they're trying to help straighten out a deal for me that they weren't even involved in.

so far, the one thing that I don't get is why didn't Brandywine refund Lizard's shipping costs....that isn't right, and should be rectified.

Now, everyone shake hands, and come out fighting!!!!!

Old 04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Rlandis,

I'm over it since I ordered a bumper from some one else, but you should check out the things I started on www.ppbb.com, they have dug up something very interesting things today from the archives..

Cheers,
Corey

Old 04-30-2005, 07:40 PM
porshaw is infamous around these parts
So is JDL175 Justin from Brandywine? If you search some on his prior posts here, it seems like he has bought from Justin at Brandywine???

Old 04-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
They revised the description on eBay..."manufactured from durable polyurethene resin"..."not an OE part"

Old 04-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Justin you want to explain some of your prior posts or should we just laugh at how unscrupulous you are?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=jdl175

"This to me seems like a great deal. Let me know what you think." Referring to his own eBay auction.

"Is the item a good deal? I am extremely happy with my prior dealings with Justin." Huh? You had dealings with yourself?

"Im hoing to bid on the suspension." Referring to his own auction again.

"Not trying to sell the parts." Outright lie when someone catches onto his game.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=jdl175

More lies.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Saga of my GT3 Bumper....(long)