996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The Saga of my GT3 Bumper....(long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Justin,

I give you credit for admitting to the error of your ways. I think that we've all learned some valuable lessons here.

6speeders are among your best target audience. As such, we all like to be informed of new products, special deals, availability, etc. Many of the other vendors/sponsors are well regarded among this community and they and their customers have both benefited from the relationship. I think that if you review how they've handled their marketing, you'll learn quite a bit. Changing your approach, instead of dropping the effort, should strengthen your customer base too. Just something to think about.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:45 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
Justin,

Appology partially accepted, you still do not admit you did not specifically tell me it was aftermarket until I arrived. OEM, means factory part. I did not ask nor want an aftermaket part, if you recall my reaction when you told me it wasn't oem. I did keep my cool in your dealership as I knew there was nothing to be gained by getting irate, you simply could not get an oem bumper. All I did was post my exact story as things occured. Everyone else did the research. Other than being angry about the ebay auction for the same bumper with a deceiving description pre-dating my arrival, which you have corrected since. If you notice I only responded to posts questioning my honesty or side of the story.

Next time take a lesson from this, admit you were wrong early before you get caught and people do some digging. You never know what they are going to find.

BTW, you still haven't admitted you were wrong in my case. Maybe you thought you told me it was aftermarket, but you didn't you said OEM. I can't say it enough and as you recall I even called a few days before to confirm it was the right item before I drove down.

I wish you luck next time in finding a non-informed buyer. They would think it's a real GT3 bumper and not have an issue. I on the other hand research everything before purchasing so I never regret a purchase.

Corey...

Old 05-03-2005, 07:07 AM
jdl175 is infamous around these parts
I told you in the initial conversation that this item was not OEM. I told you that it was very similar and close to the OEM part.

Knowing that we will never agree on what really happened, lets move on.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:47 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
Ok, let's move on. Peace

Old 05-03-2005, 12:45 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Corey -

Many of us had spent a lot of money with Brandywine and have been 100% satisfied.

I know I have. I have known Justin before they were a sposnor and he has ALWAYS, ALWAYS done the right thing and gave me amazing service.

I did not want to chime in but I can't listen to this bashing of a good "egg" anymore.

I think it is really terrible how people bash vendors like this that are only trying to make a living.

I am sure you are a good guy as well but this is just pure slander on a good vendor.

Hopefully you guys can both work something out and put this behind you.

Corey For what it's worth - I had a gt3 bumper on my c2 cab and wish i went with the GT3 cup nose and the extended lower lip - that looks amazing

Last edited by DJ; 05-03-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 PM
RoverRon is infamous around these parts
talked to justin

Ok since i piped in im going to give an update. talked to justin and he is going to give credit towards somehthing that i want. so as for now thigns are really looking good. plus i also ordered some other goodies. if this works out he will have a good customer.