996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
working on it now , and if i can get at least 10 guys, ill make a group buy !! so you #1 on the list....let me know whos down !!!
I am in so put me down for a pair (I will send you a PM as well). I have some questions but if you cannot answer them that is OK too. See if you can get the manufacturer to answer.

1. From the design I can see that there is no provision for headlamp washers which my car has. If no provision exists, I assume the washer outlet has to be removed and the system disabled to install these lights?

2. Does the manufacturer hope to come out with an Litronic or HID compatible version of the headlamp anytime soon? Or is this it for their entire production run?

3. Do the LED lights turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on (without turning any part of the headlights on like you would do at night?

4. Please verify that the projector lend focal point designed for halogen bulbs works well enough with the xenon bulb to provide adequately controlled low beam.

5. Does this headlamp unit take all the OEM light bulbs for parking, high beam and fog lights?

Thanks.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I am in so put me down for a pair (I will send you a PM as well). I have some questions but if you cannot answer them that is OK too. See if you can get the manufacturer to answer.

1. From the design I can see that there is no provision for headlamp washers which my car has. If no provision exists, I assume the washer outlet has to be removed and the system disabled to install these lights?

2. Does the manufacturer hope to come out with an Litronic or HID compatible version of the headlamp anytime soon? Or is this it for their entire production run?

3. Do the LED lights turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on (without turning any part of the headlights on like you would do at night?

4. Please verify that the projector lend focal point designed for halogen bulbs works well enough with the xenon bulb to provide adequately controlled low beam.

5. Does this headlamp unit take all the OEM light bulbs for parking, high beam and fog lights?

Thanks.
1. headlight washers would have to be disabled , removed. there is no space

2. its taken them them 3 years to get this far, they said they were trying to get an HID version. but not sure (wouldnt count on it being anytime soon)

3.just like factory nothing does anything unless you turn the switch

4. they are projectors meaning they have a sharp cut off for the lowbeam , no glare and look like factory xenon cars , when HID installed , ill try to post a pic on the garage to show cut off.

5. the only bulb that you can use from your factory lamp are your foglights. the high beam and low beam use a separate H1 bulb , but i am going to use a LED bulb for my fog ( i never use them anyway)

i got an email last night and he will let me know soon if i can be a supplier , to be honest they are expensive , and there isnt much room for me to buy them wholesale , pay for shipping , install HID, sell them on the forum , I will try tho, if not i will see if i can get some sort of deal , the problem is , they do not just sell 1 set at a time , this was a sample set

Old 10-25-2011, 01:08 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
1. headlight washers would have to be disabled , removed. there is no space

2. its taken them them 3 years to get this far, they said they were trying to get an HID version. but not sure (wouldnt count on it being anytime soon)

3.just like factory nothing does anything unless you turn the switch

4. they are projectors meaning they have a sharp cut off for the lowbeam , no glare and look like factory xenon cars , when HID installed , ill try to post a pic on the garage to show cut off.

5. the only bulb that you can use from your factory lamp are your foglights. the high beam and low beam use a separate H1 bulb , but i am going to use a LED bulb for my fog ( i never use them anyway)

i got an email last night and he will let me know soon if i can be a supplier , to be honest they are expensive , and there isnt much room for me to buy them wholesale , pay for shipping , install HID, sell them on the forum , I will try tho, if not i will see if i can get some sort of deal , the problem is , they do not just sell 1 set at a time , this was a sample set
Thanks. I am happy to pay all your costs of (regular freight + HID conversion parts plus any other direct costs plus a profit for getting me the lights!

Also, I assume we have to buy our own bulbs. Please share details of the exact bulbs including the LED bulb you are using for your fog lights. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Thanks. I am happy to pay all your costs of (regular freight + HID conversion parts plus any other direct costs plus a profit for getting me the lights!

Also, I assume we have to buy our own bulbs. Please share details of the exact bulbs including the LED bulb you are using for your fog lights. Thanks.
I'll let you know as soon as I do l I will also supply all the bulbs from a local shop as to make sure they would be ready for a straight install

Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Panteralkn is infamous around these parts
looks awesome - i'd be in!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
GoAirforce84 is infamous around these partsGoAirforce84 is infamous around these parts
You say they are expensive, but how expensive exactly?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Mamut79 is infamous around these parts
Made in China? They look like ebay stuff from far away. Wouldnt want that on a Porsche, Honda definitely! Cheap stuff goes together with each other.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mamut79
Made in China? They look like ebay stuff from far away. Wouldnt want that on a Porsche, Honda definitely! Cheap stuff goes together with each other.
yea well a MKI 996 is half the Price of a New Honda

Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Mamut79 is infamous around these parts
Still, wouldnt do that to a Porsche! Not to mention that cheap plastic will start to yellow within a matter of months. Those lamps are so fragile, not to mention the design sucks. I see all these LEDs on rice cars in NYC, they simply dont belong there. Aesthetically, neither these LED belong on a Porsche. I would however retrofit projectors onto OEM housing! My brother has had great success doing such conversion onto b16 Sentras SE-R.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:48 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Any updates, eta's?

Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
ZABUCH is infamous around these parts
Do they have these for 03 headlights also? Any pic's

Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Haven't heard from the manufacture yet , last email was they will let me know priceing on bulk order , will send another email and hope they respond by Monday . I love the lights , super bright .and better then stock xenon , I'll post a pic next to my gf Lexus Is250 to show factory vs these with the cutoff color and brightness on the garage

They will not make the or 02+ plus or turbos , only 996 99-01 or 986 boxster 97-04

Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Haven't heard from the manufacture yet , last email was they will let me know priceing on bulk order , will send another email and hope they respond by Monday . I love the lights , super bright .and better then stock xenon , I'll post a pic next to my gf Lexus Is250 to show factory vs these with the cutoff color and brightness on the garage

They will not make the or 02+ plus or turbos , only 996 99-01 or 986 boxster 97-04
Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
I'd love to see them with a little less bling, but it's nice to know that there is a less expensive option to OEM should you need to replace them.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Still working on getting a good price for everyone , I found out u can disconnect the fuses for the DRLs, and the turn signals still function if someone didn't want all the flashy lights and just wanted the headlights, and the signals to function

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!