996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Just ordered a set... Will let everyone know how it turns out!
So did you get them?

Old 11-26-2011, 11:16 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by geetee
So did you get them?
Yes I did and your question is timely...

I ordered the lights from one of the vendors on ebay and received them late last week. These lights are NOT anywhere close to OEM quality. If OEM lights are 10 on a 1-10 scale, these lights are a 6 at most. But the aesthetics are definitely good on the car. I had a Porsche mechanic who is a friend install the lights. The HID conversion and installation were straightforward. However, both lights had multiple problems. They both had figer prints on the inside of the projector lens which were visible only after you turn the lights on! The driver's side light had two LEDs that were not working in addition to the fog lamp that could not be adjusted properly (they were aimed way too high and could not be lowered). I am at this point trying to contact the seller to have the driver's side light replaced because it was defective out of the box but have not heard from him (likely due to the Thanksgiving holidays). Once all issues are resolved (otherwise I will exercise my right to return these lights to the seller within 30 days per the terms of the agreement) and both lights are working properly, I will post the complete story and pictures! Standby for more on this...

Last edited by SpeeddemonC2; 11-26-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 PM
GoAirforce84 is infamous around these partsGoAirforce84 is infamous around these parts
Keep us updated...before I drop the cash I want to see of this gets resolved.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Yes I did and your question is timely...

I ordered the lights from one of the vendors on ebay and received them late last week. These lights are NOT anywhere close to OEM quality. If OEM lights are 10 on a 1-10 scale, these lights are a 6 at most. But the aesthetics are definitely good on the car. I had a Porsche mechanic who is a friend install the lights. The HID conversion and installation were straightforward. However, both lights had multiple problems. They both had figer prints on the inside of the projector lens which were visible only after you turn the lights on! The driver's side light had two LEDs that were not working in addition to the fog lamp that could not be adjusted properly (they were aimed way too high and could not be lowered). I am at this point trying to contact the seller to have the driver's side light replaced because it was defective out of the box but have not heard from him (likely due to the Thanksgiving holidays). Once all issues are resolved (otherwise I will exercise my right to return these lights to the seller within 30 days per the terms of the agreement) and both lights are working properly, I will post the complete story and pictures! Standby for more on this...
The update as of today is that the seller has been cordial and working with me to ship a replacement light for the defective driver's side headlight unit. Thanksgiving holidays delayed things a bit. The light arrives on Monday next week. I will have the defective light swapped out and post pictures once the installation is complete.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
GoAirforce84 is infamous around these partsGoAirforce84 is infamous around these parts
Looking forward to hearing and seeing about the final results.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Mamut79 is infamous around these parts
The final result will be : Dont buy from China/Taiwan and put it on your Porsche, LOL. Unless you like things blinking while you drive, dont mind gaps, and simply you want to make your Porsche hideous.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
dennish is infamous around these parts
ghetto

Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by dennish
ghetto
thats right

Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
The update as of today is that the seller has been cordial and working with me to ship a replacement light for the defective driver's side headlight unit. Thanksgiving holidays delayed things a bit. The light arrives on Monday next week. I will have the defective light swapped out and post pictures once the installation is complete.
...and

Old 12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
...and
Well, I wish I had better news... The replacement light arrived and upon installation has one of the LED lights out. I now have to go through the same process to get yet another replacement light. Or perhaps just return the lights under the ebay buyer protection! It is a shame as the lights look good on the car, IMO - see photos. But the quality control on these lights are non-existent! They are extremely poor quality lights! It is what it is...

Name:  123019.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  133.0 KB

Name:  123042.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  155.7 KB

Name:  123020.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  148.3 KB

Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Beautiful house, beautiful car....and.......VOMIT lights!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Panteralkn is infamous around these parts
I dig the lights - a shame they don't work!! and what a hassle!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
VIPR ETR is infamous around these parts
Well just got my set of headlights in today, hopefully tomorrow get some time for the install. Will post pics!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by VIPR ETR
Well just got my set of headlights in today, hopefully tomorrow get some time for the install. Will post pics!
Well??

Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Well??
I'll answer for him , he installed them "with complications"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!