996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Rice. Not my taste.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Hey guys had these almost a year now , no issues for me work the same as day 1 , as for changing the low beams to a hid (all that's needed) u have to splice the wires for the low beam add some connectors just 2, the rest is plug and play , cut a hole in the headlight housing back plate ,mount the ballast in the trunk and ur set , I'll try to find the pix I took and post if I can locate them

Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by zeeeeeee
SpeeddemonC2,
If you can provide the specifics, that would be great! TIA.
Will do shortly.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
zeeeeeee is infamous around these parts
Thank you.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by zeeeeeee
SpeeddemonC2,
If you can provide the specifics, that would be great! TIA.
So my mechanic at Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX said the mesh is race mesh from FVD and the part # is 100 170 86. I hope that helps!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
JB's 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
The local Porsche dealership that still services my car sourced and installed that. If you want specifics, I can ask the mechanic and let you know.
That'd be great! they really look good! I've been looking for them, but nothing I've found looks as good... Thanks!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Connectors

Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
Hey guys had these almost a year now , no issues for me work the same as day 1 , as for changing the low beams to a hid (all that's needed) u have to splice the wires for the low beam add some connectors just 2, the rest is plug and play , cut a hole in the headlight housing back plate ,mount the ballast in the trunk and ur set , I'll try to find the pix I took and post if I can locate them

What connectors did you use and where can I get them?

Thanks.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:43 AM
nkohlimd is infamous around these parts
Just installed the HID bulbs-used the DDM slim ballast kit H1 for low beams and H7 for fogs 5000k-put in a standard white H1 bulb for hi beam-you need to get a simple splice connector to attach the wires from the HID kit to the light harness just before the connector-alternatively you could use a splice-spade style connector as the HID leads have spade ends. Does anyone know how to wire the headlight assembly to have the white LED lights ones DRL so to turn on with ignition. They do go on with the parking list but I don't have to fiddle with the switch every time

Old 09-03-2012, 05:20 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRL-LED-PROJ...ht_6196wt_1638

Black ones are finally for sale on eBay. Thinking about ordering these this week. Omar did you ever make a DIY to install the HID kits? I want to put them in the low beam and the fog's.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Ya either love it or hate it...personally, it makes my 140k+miles 996 look more modern...

Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I like them. My car is black I'm curious how they would look on it. What did you need to buy to make the hid's work? Did you do the hid's in the fogs?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I ordered the 6000K HID kits for the fog light, high beam and low beam. Havent had a chance to install them yet. Ill let you guys know how it goes after I install them. Btw, I got the all chrome LED headlights for my black 996 and they look great on the car.

Last edited by zeeeeeee; 09-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 PM
If you get some free time or when you put the hid's in anyway to put a black one on the black car? Id love to get an exact look on what they will look like so i can choose the black or chrome.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Sure.

The following are the lighting upgrades for my black 996 that I have done/will be doing in the next few weeks. I will post pictures when done.

1-LED Headlights (Chrome/Clear)
2-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for Low Beam
3-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for High Beam
4-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for Fog Light
5-LED Trunk 3rd Brake Light (Smoked)
6-LED Wing 3rd Brake Light (Smoked)
7-LED Dectane Taillights (Red/Clear)
8-Crystal Clear Side Markers (Clear like the 997s)
9-LED Bulbs for the Side Markers (Amber when on and Clear/White when off)
10-LED License Plate Lights

Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
teoulennon is infamous around these parts
I'm interested in the black on black look also, keep us updated zeeee!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!