996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Messiahlee is infamous around these parts
Want those. How's quality?

Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Put them in this weekend,they look really good. They really update the look of the car. I did HID kit's in the headlight and fog light. I will get pics up asap,it was raining today.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:05 PM
zeeeeeee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JSavinoJr
Put them in this weekend,they look really good. They really update the look of the car. I did HID kit's in the headlight and fog light. I will get pics up asap,it was raining today.
Congrats! Looks like you beat me to getting the lights installed. Did you go with the chrome ones or the black ones?

Also, how did you make the connectors to the HID work? Any tips or things to keep in mind when I do mine?

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I went with the chrome ones. Connecting the HID'S were pretty straight forward. With the main beams i just cut the connector on the headlights and crimped on female connecters,my HID kit came with male ends.My kits also had a rubber grommet on them so I had to drill a hole in the back cover for the wires to pass through. Make sure you put the bulb and wires through the plastic cover before putting the bulb in the socket. I made the mistake of trying to put the cover on after i installed the bulbs and the wires would not fit in the recommended hole i drilled. If you are doing HID's in the fog lights be ready. They were a bit of a pain in the butt. The room to work is very small. Making a hole in the rubber cover was a bit of a pain,and there is barely enough room to fit the rubber grommet and wires. I tapped the rubber cover to the light and added some silcone around the rubber grommet as some added protection from moisture. The connection for the fog lights are not color coded. You will need an voltage meter to figure out the power and ground. What i did was took my stock head lights and figured out which wire from the fog light connector matched up with the headlight socket and did it the same way with the LED headlights. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
JSavinoJR, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

I installed the HID kits and after a few days the LED bulbs started going off. I have several LED bulbs not working and I am in the process of getting this issue resolved with the seller. I am back to the OEM light for now. The lights look good, but the quality is definitely now OEM. On the other hand, the LED Dectane tail lights look and feel like OEM quality.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by JB's 996
Suscribed for pictures!
I will post pictures as soon as I get the issue resolved and the lights installed.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by zeeeeeee
Sure.

The following are the lighting upgrades for my black 996 that I have done/will be doing in the next few weeks. I will post pictures when done.

1-LED Headlights (Chrome/Clear)
2-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for Low Beam
3-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for High Beam
4-6000K Slim Canbus HID Kit for Fog Light
5-LED Trunk 3rd Brake Light (Smoked)
6-LED Wing 3rd Brake Light (Smoked)
7-LED Dectane Taillights (Red/Clear)
8-Crystal Clear Side Markers (Clear like the 997s)
9-LED Bulbs for the Side Markers (Amber when on and Clear/White when off)
10-LED License Plate Lights
Once I get the LED head lights issue resolved and installed, I will post all the pictures at the same time.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear that you had problems with the lights. Mine still work perfectly. Did you get yourself an LED Flasher relay? If you're going to run LED headlights and Taillights,you will need to get one.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear that you had problems with the lights. Mine still work perfectly. Did you get yourself an LED Flasher relay? If you're going to run LED headlights and Taillights,you will need to get one.
Thanks. Good to know yours work fine. No, I did not get the relay. Can you provide me a link to the relay. How do you install it? The tail lights already have the relay attached on the backside.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
delirium is infamous around these parts
Anything like this for 2002+ ?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
i think i got it from superbrightleds.com get the one made for euro cars. It's really easy to change. Turn on the turn signals and go under the drivers side and look for all the relays,touch the top of them till you feel the one clicking. Pull it out and put in the new one.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM
i think i got it from superbrightleds.com get the one made for euro cars. It's really easy to change. Turn on the turn signals and go under the drivers side and look for all the relays,touch the top of them till you feel the one clicking. Pull it out and put in the new one.
Thanks! This might sound like a dumb question, but how does the LED relay help?

Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
It seems like the relay fixes hyperblinking/error message. You can pick it up at any auto store.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:55 PM
When I had the lights installed, I didnt have any hyperblinking or error messages. Do I still need the relays?

Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
If you plan on getting LED tail lights you will need them. I had just LED tails and didn't have a problem. When i put the LED headlights in i had hyperblinking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led headlights !!!!! Video and pix installed!!!!