996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Stupid Exhaust prob, anyone have a PSE muffler cutaway pic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Red face Stupid Exhaust prob, anyone have a PSE muffler cutaway pic?

Hi guys, so I was installing my PSE mufflers, and taking the tip off prior to the install, and the bolt that holds the tip fell into the muffler.... can't seem to get the damn bolt out!!! It's a 30lb blind puzzle trying to get the bolt out of the hole... any tips tricks or ideas are welcome!!
Thanks!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe one of those flexible magnet-retreiver type things? You could work it down in through the opening and hopefully snag the bolt on the magnetic end of the device. Good luck

Griots Garage has a slick one: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

Last edited by Slik560; 10-28-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
I have a tool like that the problem is that it must be behind a baffle or two cause I can't seem to get it with the magnet either...

Old 10-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Look for those pics that Fabspeed had where they cut open the stock mufflers to show how they were built.

Maybe by looking at the inside design, you can figure out how to twist and turn it so that the bolt will fall back out.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey Sharp, you can cut them open and have them repaired but it might actually cost you more to have it all done. Check our Valvetronic replacement mufflers for the 996 which have the same function as the PSE but will sound better in both modes and also improve a few HP too. They will be a direct bolt on swap out for the PSE and you will plug the vacuum lines in just like you would with the original ones. Let me know if you have any questions and PM me if you are interested in special member pricing on them.
thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
woohhoo, got it out, Thanks guys, sure was a frustrating problem to have, Alex, thanks, but between PSE and my muffler bypass pipes i'm set for exhaust.