996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

fabspeed supercup mufflers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
fabspeed supercup mufflers?

Does anyone have fabspeed supercup mufflers? It looks like they revised it a little. Their old ones had 1 small can but the new? ones seem to have 2 cans. Just wondering if anyone had sound clip. I'm getting bored with my current setup...

Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
100plus is infamous around these parts
Interesting ... Maybe the new ones are slightly softer in sound. I too am getting bored of my system ... Gonna try cat bypass.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey Guys, the new setup does use two resonators on both sides so its a little quieter, but still makes an aggressive and race sound. If you guys are interested in either setup, pm or email me for member and holiday pricing and I will take care of you.
thanks,

Video of 996 with Supercup and Catbypass X Pipe with our Comp Intake. It sounds much more aggressive with no cats.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-21-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

They sound great in the video!

But I'm still worried about that (un)sweet spot between 2400 - 3500 rpm when the nasty drone kicks in.

I ran the Afterhours exhaust which is very similar for a couple of years until I couldn't stand it any longer. It actually made my head hurt and my wife would not ride in the car (not really a bad thing...)

It just had a bad resonance in that general rpm range.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 AM
100plus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brando

But I'm still worried about that (un)sweet spot between 2400 - 3500 rpm when the nasty drone kicks in.

I ran the Afterhours exhaust which is very similar for a couple of years until I couldn't stand it any longer. It actually made my head hurt and my wife would not ride in the car (not really a bad thing...)

I m currently using Fabspeed's Maxflo mufflers. In the beginning, the mufflers had really bad droning from 3k-4.5k rpm but as i used it, the droning slowly went away, Not completely but enough to live. (:

Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 PM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brando

I had the same problem with the Schnell. Ended up taking them off and sent them back. They were sweet at the top end but the drone killed me.