996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GHL Tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
kristap is infamous around these parts
GHL Tips

Just wondering if anyone else with the GHL's had a problem with their tips? Do they have different tips for different model years?

Got a call this afternoon from the shop telling me that the GHL tips wont fit because they barely reach the heat shield and are too short to exit the bumper.

Not a big deal, will just use my factory tips but am curious if there are different tips for different model years. Maybe these are for pre-facelift cars?

kristap

Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Are these the dual barrel, bull's eye shaped tips? See attached pic.

I have those on my car (2002) and don't have any problems with fitment.

I suppose GHL makes a few different tips, though. Post the ones you're referring to.

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Do you have a C4S, the mufflers are different, must use factory tips. make sure you don't have mismatched mufflers and tips. Give ghl a call, ask for Brian.

Old 05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Those double barrel tips are definitely not the tips which arrived with my exhaust. And nope, not a C4s - just a simple C2.

Here, trying to hold them up beneath my factory tips.

My mechanic said that the GHL tips didn't clear the heat shield. Here's a side view of the factory tips as mounted:

and a side view of the GHLs:

Old 05-13-2005, 03:51 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Re: GHL Tips

Originally posted by kristap
Just wondering if anyone else with the GHL's had a problem with their tips? Do they have different tips for different model years?

Got a call this afternoon from the shop telling me that the GHL tips wont fit because they barely reach the heat shield and are too short to exit the bumper.

Not a big deal, will just use my factory tips but am curious if there are different tips for different model years. Maybe these are for pre-facelift cars?

kristap
my tips do come out enough but one just barely and the other comes out enough. yes you understood me correctly, they are uneven . one is longer than the other. you have the later model bumper which juts out more than my early model bumper.

hard to see from this angle but here's a pic

Old 05-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, it seems that the tips are for the earlier model - they sent the wrong ones. And since the 'right' ones are so close to my factory tips, I'm going to return them. Just have to say that the guys at GHL & Pelican were really great and are making the return transaction super smooth. Thanks to Travis at Pelican & Brian at GHL for making it all right!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Did you get the GHL Loud or Regular?