996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New 996 Steering Wheels to Make the Hands Happy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
New 996 Steering Wheels to Make the Hands Happy!

Vivid Racing has partnered with a German company who manufactures aftermarket steering wheels for the 996 incorporating different styling, more ergonomic hand grips, and quality/safety that others simply are not doing. All of the wheels feature a semi flat bottom which keeps the internal circular structure in place where a complete flat bottom can compromise safety in a bad accident.

These wheels are built from OEM ones and simply require you to swap over your airbag. Return the core to us and boom, you have happy hands. I have run these aftermarket type steering wheels on my 997TT, BMW M5, and Ferrari 360 and they are simply a great upgrade.

So here are just some of the steering wheels available for immediate shipping where others can be built any way custom to your liking in as little as 2 weeks. Got questions or want to pull the trigger, post, pm, call, email.

First 2 to order today will receive a special deal from me.

You can view a full gallery of images here too - http://www.vividracing.com/blog/gall...21&gallery=573

Enjoy!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:01 PM
artcollinsjr is infamous around these parts
I am picking up my 996 c4 next week, and may need one. What is the price range?

Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
ScoutsOut is infamous around these parts
Do want! My biggest complaint so far with the new 996 is how large the steering wheel feels compared to other sports cars I've owned and driven. I feel like a bus driver!

Is the diameter/circumference of these the same as stock? You mention a semi-flat bottom, but I'm not seeing it in those pics. Any chance you can flatten it out a bit more? Can you PM some details for the second to last one pictured, but with black leather in lieu of the grey?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by artcollinsjr
I am picking up my 996 c4 next week, and may need one. What is the price range?
Will send you a PM on the different ones.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ScoutsOut
Do want! My biggest complaint so far with the new 996 is how large the steering wheel feels compared to other sports cars I've owned and driven. I feel like a bus driver!

Is the diameter/circumference of these the same as stock? You mention a semi-flat bottom, but I'm not seeing it in those pics. Any chance you can flatten it out a bit more? Can you PM some details for the second to last one pictured, but with black leather in lieu of the grey?
Same diameter kept as they maintain the general ring shape for safety reasons. However with the flat bottom and the increased hand bolsters, it will feel much more ergonomic and not as BUSSY. PM sent.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
996tofast4911 is infamous around these parts
Send me pm too

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor
Which wheel you want?