996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

car wrap 996 C4S---DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:43 PM
jordanturbo is infamous around these parts
What sized and how many sheets did you buy to do your entire car, looking at doing my C4S and dont want to order more than I have to.

Thanks

Jordan

Old 02-01-2012, 12:35 AM
kent996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MJ3
Great job...would you consider doing this to other cars...like a job on the side? I see you're local.
yes i would like to if i have time.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
wow!!! man that looks awesome!!!

straight up is this something someone(s) w/ reasonable skills and a brain can do if they have the patience???

How many sections did you screw up and have to redo?

How many hours do you have in it total?

Thanks

John T

Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by jhthornley
wow!!! man that looks awesome!!!

straight up is this something someone(s) w/ reasonable skills and a brain can do if they have the patience???

How many sections did you screw up and have to redo?

How many hours do you have in it total?

Thanks

John T
Yes, I guess many of us can do it with patience. My total time for the whole wrap is about 15 hours. I am fortune did nothing screw up.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 PM
done. For reference, i bought 60"x 30fts 3M 1080 vinyl, and this almost cover the whole 2002 c4s, except the hood and the roof. (i wraped carbon fiber vinyl for the roof and hood, maybe change to the same matte grey soon, no sure yet)
So 5ftsx40fts should cover the whole p-car. i mean 911.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 AM
DRKNGHT is infamous around these partsDRKNGHT is infamous around these parts
That looks so good man! May have just convinced me to go ahead and pull the trigger.. Did you run into any problems along the way. Did you have to trash any film for any reason?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
jordanturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kent996
done. For reference, i bought 60"x 30fts 3M 1080 vinyl, and this almost cover the whole 2002 c4s, except the hood and the roof. (i wraped carbon fiber vinyl for the roof and hood, maybe change to the same matte grey soon, no sure yet)
So 5ftsx40fts should cover the whole p-car. i mean 911.

Thanks for the Info, I was looking to do a digital arctic camo wrap with a matte black hood and roof. Unfortunately they I can not find rolls of camo, only pre sides sheets of which the biggest is 60"x48" Not sure how many of what sized sheets to buy. once it is on the car will it shrink terribly? like when I lay it on lose will a couple inches around be sufficient?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
I don't get the windshield

Great job on the car though - I know I'd never have the patience to do this myself.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
EHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the rough
Looks like you did a really good job. I may attempt this. But just to be honest I think the vinyl on the windshield detracts from your cars otherwise great appearance.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by jordanturbo
Thanks for the Info, I was looking to do a digital arctic camo wrap with a matte black hood and roof. Unfortunately they I can not find rolls of camo, only pre sides sheets of which the biggest is 60"x48" Not sure how many of what sized sheets to buy. once it is on the car will it shrink terribly? like when I lay it on lose will a couple inches around be sufficient?
as i can remember now, the biggest section is the rear quarter panel, its 104"x42", i will post the section-cut map once i have time. the vinyl will not shrink too much.
one inch extra cut in each edge will be more than enough.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by EHGray
Looks like you did a really good job. I may attempt this. But just to be honest I think the vinyl on the windshield detracts from your cars otherwise great appearance.
+1 on the windshield. because i have a cracked windshield now, i just used that wrap to cover cracked parts temperaly.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
EHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the rough
Ahhh, I understand now. Btw, did you wrap over then cut out your rear emblems or did you remove them and then put them back on?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
aviography is infamous around these parts
OP, are you going to protect the bumpers and hood with matt finish Clear Bra? I'd imagine the vinyl wrap material is not as durable as the Clear Bra?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by EHGray
Ahhh, I understand now. Btw, did you wrap over then cut out your rear emblems or did you remove them and then put them back on?
i removed them first. and put them back on, used double side tape as it used to be.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by aviography
OP, are you going to protect the bumpers and hood with matt finish Clear Bra? I'd imagine the vinyl wrap material is not as durable as the Clear Bra?
i guess the clear bra will change the matte color, if something damage, i just buy the same color material and re-do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car wrap 996 C4S---DIY