996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The make-over has begun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM
aviography is infamous around these parts
The shop and I would want to preserve as much of the original paint as possible which will also reduce cost to me, blending would have been desireable if the paint color wasn't as well matched, however in this case the color was perfectly matched based on what I can see under several different lighting conditions.

It didn't hurt that PPG also got involved, I'm sure their sophisticated equipment in analyzing the original paint on the gas door played a key part into coming up with the exact color formula to match the original paint, and the paint code formula is now in PPG's world-wide database.

If there were any apparent differences in color between the fender and the door, it is most likely due to the combination of how easily this color changes hues from different angle and how close I was with the camera and the car, the angular difference from the camera to the different parts of the car in relationship to the light source will be different enough to cause slightly different reflections. As I mentioned, in person I just can't tell the difference looking between the fender and door on each side no matter how hard I tried!

Given the color-shifting nature of this paint, I must say I am 110% satisfied with the match.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 AM
solarboy is infamous around these parts
It looks like they did an amazing job. How much did it cost you? I'm also in the GTA area and wouldn't mind keeping their contact for future purposes.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 PM
aviography is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996C4SPfaff
Did you compare they to European Auto Body? I have heard tons of great reviews and they serve high end cars only.
I had a chance to go back to the the shop where I had the overspray and then major attitude issue from the shop manager many years ago, wasn't too surprised it is exactly where European Auto Body is today.

I have no idea if the same folks still operate the outfit, but I am not going to take my chances going back there again, especially when the shop seems to be a very Italian marques outfit, not so sure a Stuggart vehicle will be treated with respect there!