996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

DE's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
DE's

Do you wear balaclavas and HANS for DE's? Or tracking? Or both? Thanks so much~

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
I only wear a helmet - but I run class B. I see the fast guys wearing full suits and HANS, not many of the regulars.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
bella1 is infamous around these parts
WHat to Wear

The balaclava keeps your helmet cleaner. If you use one that is fire resistant that is a plus. The HANS should be a required item for those with six point harness belts. This youtube video demonstrates why!

Another good video:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...cHR-xhjJILuRoQ

If you have a three point street belt with stock seats and airbags, the HANS will not provide any added benefit.

Last edited by bella1; 02-16-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mathism
I only wear a helmet - but I run class B. I see the fast guys wearing full suits and HANS, not many of the regulars.
Do you wear racing shoes also? Need to 'feel' the car with your feet.
Originally Posted by bella1
The balaclava keeps your helmet cleaner. If you use one that is fire resistant that is a plus. The HANS should be a required item for those with six point harness belts. This youtube video demonstrates why!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-nQIuiatw

If you have a three point street belt with stock seats and airbags, the HANS will not provide any added benefit.
Sounds like the balaclava is a 'need' item. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.