996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Which 991 to get..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Exclamation Which 991 to get..

Well I've enjoyed customizing my C4S and am totaly in love with it however... the time has come to start a new project.

I have been researching the 991 for months and was very excited about getting to see it in real life (the marketing machine at work ).
Then I saw it at my dealer (in silver) and... was underwhelmed.
Guess my expectation level was raised too high, so I decided to look into a 997 turbo cab, Maserati Granturismo cab, Mercedes SL550 or used SLS roadster.

Then a few weeks ago I saw a black 991S at my dealer and... I'm in LOVEEE
Consequently I test drove it and was absolutely blown away!!! WOWWW
Ordered a manual 991S cab in Basalt black and could not be happier!
Until.... my sales guy tels me I won't actually get my new ride till July/August (IF it goes as planned...)

What the hell!!!
It's a cab, I don't drive it in the winter so I'd only use it for 2 months before storage.
Not to mention in July the 2013's are already being build... why would I buy a 2012!?

It's easier for me to buy a house than a car... just can't see to make up my mind, but when I do the dealer has to take my $$ and say here's your car.
If not... I may change my mind.

So... back to square one looking at those other cars.
Until I saw a pic of the new C4S... OMG!!! and from my research they are suppose to start building it in December/January which means delivery in March/April... just in time for spring.

I think I've made up my mind and am going to be patient for once in my life and wait for the 991 C4S Cab but am curious what would you do!?

Cheers!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 03-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
RobbC is infamous around these partsRobbC is infamous around these parts
that's a sexy beast -- I would wait!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RobbC
that's a sexy beast -- I would wait!
I go by the philosophy "live for today... we could all be dead tomorrow!" guess I'll have to change that till I actually get my new C4S .

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 03-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:41 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
I try to keep my mind over enthusiasm
I wouldnt buy a first year car and ofcourse never a cab

Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by mikegr
I try to keep my mind over enthusiasm
I wouldnt buy a first year car and ofcourse never a cab
Oh yes.. of course!!

Re; keeping my mind, there's a reason my nickname is "Psycho Sid", I'm afraid for me it's too late (growing up in Amsterdam will do that to ya).
I'm kinda like Ozzy Osborn, who used to say "out of all the things I've lost in my life... I miss my mind the most!"

Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM
hyper911 is infamous around these partshyper911 is infamous around these parts
wait get second year and the c4s. You will regret it in NOvember if you buy the c2.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
My guess is that by next July/August they will be dealing on the 2012 991's, probably the 2013 ones too. Right now there is the rush to get the newest thing, but typically this slacks off and there is an abundance of these cars available at significant discounts. Now for a cab it might be a little different as they are not yet available.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I think it depends on whether you are very particular about the options on the car. If not, you might be better off waiting and looking to buy one right off the lot -- even one that has to be shipped out from a different dealership. Sounds like you're like me. It may take a little time to decide, but once you've decided to pull the trigger, you want to pay for it and drive it home the same day .

Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
if it was me i'd just get an absolute base 991 and get it asap. then down the road when the 991.2 i'd just upgrade to a base 991.2

Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Get a hyundai, save some coin and then really upgrade... to a 991 GT3 when it becomes available Enjoy the GT3 for a lifetime.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I go by the philosophy "live for today... we could all be dead tomorrow!" guess I'll have to change that till I actually get my new C4S .
Man that is exactly how i think, i wouldn't wait..i would just get the first available 991 as long as its the right colors & options...

Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by hyper911
wait get second year and the c4s. You will regret it in NOvember if you buy the c2.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of... that said, the wait is going to kill me!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dharn55
My guess is that by next July/August they will be dealing on the 2012 991's, probably the 2013 ones too. Right now there is the rush to get the newest thing, but typically this slacks off and there is an abundance of these cars available at significant discounts. Now for a cab it might be a little different as they are not yet available.
Yeah cabs are not that popular... guess it's an acquired taste

Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Aerodude
I think it depends on whether you are very particular about the options on the car. If not, you might be better off waiting and looking to buy one right off the lot -- even one that has to be shipped out from a different dealership. Sounds like you're like me. It may take a little time to decide, but once you've decided to pull the trigger, you want to pay for it and drive it home the same day .
My dealer checked across Canada to see if he could find me a lot car close to my specs (Canadian free-trade with US won't allow one to bring in a new P. from the US...).

Yep I'm the same, you've got the take money and run.

Re; the launch cars... they are ridiculous builds!
Highly optioned (30 to 45K) but for instance won't have full power seats... so your 160K P. has a handle to move the seat for and aft!
Or have a full performance pack with PDK, PDCC, etc... but no Sport Chrono!
Or a manual... with SP
Not to mention that all the cab allocations at my dealer don't come with PSE, what the hell, it's a CAB!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by PaulChristian
Get a hyundai, save some coin and then really upgrade... to a 991 GT3 when it becomes available Enjoy the GT3 for a lifetime.
I've got other cars so I won't be needing that Hyundai just yet
That said, I really don't want to get anything more powerful than an S (C2S/C4S) because it is VERY fast!
The power and response (participial in sport+) is amazing I had the car bucking, sliding, snarling and barking... and it's addictive!
Man oh man i've driven some fast cars in my time but this... WOWWWW what a visceral experience! (the PSE heightens the experience even more)

It is so capable, responsive and fast that I even considered going with the Carrera base, ya get to have more fun between now and loosing your license speeds

If you get a chance to drive it put it in sport+ mode and give it the beans... you'll be blown away (nothing soft about it, as stated in reviews)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which 991 to get..