996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 911 c2 vs Lexus ISF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ph3n0m
It's been my experience that every Lexus owner is a duushbag and drives like an idiot so I'm sure the Porsche would win. Unlesss you're a DUUUUUUUUSSSHHHH.
It's pronounced DUUUSSSSHHHHAAAAAA in the Porsssshhaaaa realm.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MR2FAST
lol so much disdain for the F in this thread! This is not comparing the Lexus' top end car...that would be the LF-A. I agree it's silly to compare cars that are very different and have decades between then but if the OP is looking to get into either one it's a legit question.

Have any of you disregarding the car actually driven an IS-F? It is by all accounts a fantastic machine (especially for their first try!). That said it's not a coupe sports car, it's a sporty sedan. One of the reasons why I sold it and got a boxster spyder . Really though, it's all about the driving experience you're looking for. For me I missed being in a nimble little mid engine car. However, for the price of an IS-F it's hard to beat the torque burst at 4k rpm and the lightning quick shifts.

also for whoever quoted the rated 13 second 1/4 mile time it's actually 12.6 if you can drive, and simple bolt-ons will get you into the 11's.
I think Lexus makes a fine product. I have no issue with it. I just find the forum trolls amusing...

Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
feroz928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RugRunner
Mehdi, I pretty sure by Denver's answer, he recently got his a$$ handed to him by a Lexus. Its been a while since I've seen somebody get that explosively defensive over a general car question. :-)
Ditto...... I think he might need some driving lessons oh yeah, and maybe a pill

Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
dennish is infamous around these parts
TV show Top Gear has run many Pcars around their course for time. I bet they've run the Lexus also.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
feroz928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dennish
TV show Top Gear has run many Pcars around their course for time. I bet they've run the Lexus also.

Yes, Top Gear has run the Lexus IS F on their track with their tamed race driver, The Stig and it did not do near as well as the Boxster S. The handling left much to be desired. I'm sure you can find it on youtube

Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
scantu is infamous around these parts
Well this thread certainly became amusing! LOL i thought i'd ruffle some feathers and walk away... that was a month ago...

This thread took quite a turn.

@Dennis... "trolls" LOVE IT! my thoght exactly.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
There is always going to be a Troll that "POPS UP" in our Forums.. sigh get real
Compare cars in the same class apples to apples etc.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
oddly enough this thread was recently posted over at clublexus. Not exactly comparing the two cars in question by the OP but interesting none the less. enjoy

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...and-video.html

Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MR2FAST
oddly enough this thread was recently posted over at clublexus. Not exactly comparing the two cars in question by the OP but interesting none the less. enjoy

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...and-video.html
Once again all this is saying is that particular driver is surprised at the level of performance of his Lexus around that particular track.

Different cars will behave differently around different tracks.

But what also holds a lot of weight to me is to see a pro driver test drive those same cars as a Porsche is a pretty hard car to drive around the track at anything above 8/10ths. I can say with confidence that your avg joes that have Porsches will never be able to bring out the full potential of that car driven at their limit.

I could probably drive my BMW faster around the track than my Porsche merely because it's more confidence inspiring when driven hard and because my skill level is no where near that of a pro driver in the techniques and skill level needed to drive a Porsche really hard.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aRgH
Dennis your the man! Your replies in this thread are awesome lol.
Thanks! I'm just trying to bring a little sanity to a silly discussion...

Old 05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I drove ISF before it was launch at a track event. Comparing that to 996 and 997, ISF is more balanced and easier to drive. 996/997 feels more nimble, sounds better, and steers more direct. Brakes are good on both with a slight advantage on the 911 due to rear weight bias.

ISF is more comparable to M3. Between the two, I would get M3. Looks better and felt faster and lighter too.

So, 996/997 > M3 > ISF