996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 911 c2 vs Lexus ISF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Mehdi 911 is infamous around these parts
Porsche 911 c2 vs Lexus ISF

i know 911 c2 has about 340-350 hp and lexus is about 400-410hp if it comes to stree race which will win the race?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, but, first of all - who cares about a "street race"? Not only are they childish and illegal/unsafe, but irrelevant. Racing is done on a track where nothing beats a Porsche. A recent "race" on a track with a professional driver between a Boxster S and an Audi R8 Spider (which nets over 130 HP more than the Boxster) showed the Audi losing to the Box because nothing handles curves and a "real race" like a Porsche. Besides, this is a Porsche forum, so who cares about a Lexus? Really.

Last edited by denversteve; 03-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
logray is infamous around these partslogray is infamous around these parts
Depends on whether there are curves or not.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by denversteve
Sorry, but, first of al - who cares about a "street race"? Not only are they childish and illegal/unsafe, but irrelevant. Racing is done on a track where nothing beats a Porsche. A recent "race" on a track with a professional driver between a Boxster S and an Audi R8 Spider (which nets over 100 HP more than the Boxster) showed the Audi losing to the Box because nothing handles curves and a "real race" like a Porsche. Besides, this is a Porsche forum, so who cares about a Lexus? Really.

Ok so your answer is LEXUS thanks!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by logray
Depends on whether there are curves or not.
What if there is no curve ..i cant belive lexus beats c2 i have to upgrade to GT

Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mehdi 911
What if there is no curve ..i cant belive lexus beats c2 i have to upgrade to GT
It doesn't. It's a heavy sedan that doesn't corner or handle anywhere near what a Porsche does. But if you're interested in a family sedan it might be for you. Racing is not about horsepower, it's about driving.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:53 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by denversteve
racing is not about horsepower, it's about driving.
+997

I love the Lexus cars - I have one and every member of my family has one. But, when it comes to racing, my backside will be in a Porsche.

Last edited by 911Konigin; 03-03-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
RugRunner is infamous around these parts
Mehdi, I pretty sure by Denver's answer, he recently got his a$$ handed to him by a Lexus. Its been a while since I've seen somebody get that explosively defensive over a general car question. :-)

Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 AM
SLOLS3 is infamous around these parts
To answer your question however the isf should win a drag race

Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 AM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RugRunner
Mehdi, I pretty sure by Denver's answer, he recently got his a$$ handed to him by a Lexus. Its been a while since I've seen somebody get that explosively defensive over a general car question. :-)
not necessarily he's a retired cop and has had a similar reaction in a previous thread about speeding.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
and an M5 will kick a Lexus. So?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:16 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts

Last edited by mikegr; 03-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
It's a bit of a silly question, really. Porsche enthusiasts know that Porsches aren't really built for drag racing. That's not their strength. I also agree that street racing is not a good idea. It's dangerous and foolish. Finally, it really does depend on the driver. If two high-horsepower cars are drag racing, the one that gets off the line fastest has a huge advantage. This depends almost entirely on the driver.

On paper, the ISF certainly looks like it would win. In reality, I've never even seen an ISF in person. Even if you happened to run into one, how likely is it that you'd be in a position to drag race, and that the driver of the ISF would be foolish enough to do that on the street? This scenario is very, very unlikely. The question may as well be: "who would win in a street race between a 911 and a Unicorn?"

Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mehdi 911
i know 911 c2 has about 340-350 hp and lexus is about 400-410hp if it comes to stree race which will win the race?
What do you mean by "street race?"

-td

Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
scantu is infamous around these parts
ok guys.. i gotta get in on this one and not afraid to ruffle a few feathers. lol..

First off.. any Porsche owner that say he has NEVER rolled next to anothe exotic at 60mph and ran it up to 4th gear once or twice is FULL OF $hit! even all alone on that wide open road..... imagine it... no cars around... all washed and clean.... 3rd gear feels nice so you plant your foot and shift out in 4th.. you look down and you see 114.... yeah.. we have all done it.

So with that said full on street racing IS dumb.. but we have all done it.

Not to mention... 90% of posts on this site discuss engine mods.... and do you really think they all go to the track..?

Oh yeah... the LEXUS would pull at LEAST a car length from a 60 mph roll...

peace out sukas...

Last edited by scantu; 03-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 c2 vs Lexus ISF