996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Major Kudos To Stuttgart Performance / RSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Major Kudos To Stuttgart Performance / RSS

Well I would like to give Kudos to RSS where is it well deserved for their exceptional customer service. I bought a set of Used RSS Toe Link from an honest fellow 6speed member. Several emailed exchanged regarding condition and I was told they were in good working condition. So I Paypal’ed and few days later received the Toe Links in the mail. I inspected them and saw nothing wrong with them. So few days later I dropped my car off at my Porsche Indy to get the car ready for summer.

Anyway I get a call from my shop the next day advising me that the RSS Toes Links, one of the Spindle is stripped and cannot be installed due to lack of Adjustability. I was bummed and advised them to put the Stock once back in. So then I emailed the 6speed member saying “they are stripped and I will send them back to you and Refund the money”. He replied Apologizing and said Send them back and I will get my money back. But then I thought why not contact RSS and see if I can buy the Replacement Spindle. So I emailed RSS asking for the Cost of a Replacement Spindle. Mike from RSS replied saying not a problem and asked for my Shipping Address. I thought that was strange, so I replied asking for the Cost of the Part and provided my Canadian Address. Few emails back and forth, Mike said no worries we will Free Issue the parts as Warranty and Fed-Ex them over to you. At this point I was speechless by the way Mike from RSS handled this.

So next time with I need some Suspension parts I know where to go… RSS is the place.

Just so everyone’s clear the 6speed member was more than help full and honest with the mishap. I will not hesitate to buy parts from him again.

So I got the parts yesterday and here are some pictures, i took it all apart and cleans and lubricated all nuts, everything moves freely like new.

Attached Images     
Old 03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I have to send special Kudos and thanks to Mike and the RSS team for standing up for their product, even though in all honesty they did not have to. There are few companies that can match that.

I also have to thank Zookie for his understanding in this matter, as I truly did not see the stripped thread, else it would have been fully disclosed or the part not sold (given the importance of this part to the suspension).

Having said that credit must be given where credit is due and that is not to me, but Zookie and in particular Mike and the RSS team. Thank you!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM
EHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for sharing! It's rare for someone to take the time to write something positive.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
+1

I have always had great experiences with RSS. even from the right coast.

JB

Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EHGray
Thanks for sharing! It's rare for someone to take the time to write something positive.
Yes but its important to write good reviews about Vendors. I have had similar Warranty/Free Issue Treatment despite not being the Orginal Owner of the Part and having no paper work for failed part from EVOMS, Champion Motorsport(Tubi), Bilstein USA and Forge Motorsport.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:30 PM
jetskied is infamous around these parts
Great to hear suppliers who stand by their product. You don't see that too much these days.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:11 AM
khyber is infamous around these parts
Always good to hear about good customer service... had a similar experience with Eibach recently and have nothing but positive things to say about it. Glad to hear you got everything worked out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.