996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pics after Wheel and Coil installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great man. Now email me and get painted bumperettes to finish it!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:39 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
looks sweet, any thoughts on changing the exhaust? Right after the wheels were installed, I installed a cargraphic exhaust and WOW. Between the wheels, lowering, etc. and the sound just about complete's the machine. I'm saving those pennies for headers and cats for the next mod.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Looks nice like the wheels...however 1 bit of advice needs to go down lower and give it a slight rake...

Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Looks great man. Now email me and get painted bumperettes to finish it!
Eric, I have already...haha..LOL! We've been emailing from my work address. I think I'm supposed to receive the bumperettes sometime this week, that is, if I recall our email conversation correctly.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:28 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally posted by RobertM
looks sweet, any thoughts on changing the exhaust? Right after the wheels were installed, I installed a cargraphic exhaust and WOW. Between the wheels, lowering, etc. and the sound just about complete's the machine. I'm saving those pennies for headers and cats for the next mod.
No doubt about it. Exhaust will definately be changed. I'm just not sure which one I want yet. I'm reading and researching my options still.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
Looks nice like the wheels...however 1 bit of advice needs to go down lower and give it a slight rake...
I'm not going to lower the front anymore, but I do agree that the back needs to be dropped a tad bit more. That's the first thing I noticed after the wheels went on. If I get some time, I'll probably get it adjusted sometime this week.

BTW - what does "rake" mean?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 02barebones996
jeff,

car looks pretty wicked u should have albetr take pics of it he's th eman, i can try if u want me too... just gimme a holler if u do. but it wont be as great as alberts..

car looks great , i cant wait for my set to come in..
That would be awesome. Dude, your pics will kill anything I can take so you have nothing to be ashamed of. My pics are absolute trash compared to Alberts.

Let's get a pic session setup sometime soon....I'm getting my bumperettes on sometime this week....I'll be ready after that.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:01 AM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Jeff

The car looks great. You need to drop that tail a bit more.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff congrats and welcome to the P-car community! Car looks good!

No doubt about it. Exhaust will definately be changed. I'm just not sure which one I want yet. I'm reading and researching my options still.
GruppeM!! (You can have first dibs on mine if you want, my car may go up for sale so let Jeff Shih know)

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
For Sale?!?!?!? What are you thinking about gettin' Albert?

Old 06-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by CABRIO C4
The car looks great. You need to drop that tail a bit more.
Agreed! I will get to that soon. Thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by bumble996
GruppeM!! (You can have first dibs on mine if you want, my car may go up for sale so let Jeff Shih know)
SWEET! haha! I'll continue to coerce Shih into taking the plunge under one circumstance.....if you tell me what you are thinking of getting! LOL!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by neil.schneider
Looks nice. How much did the clearance change and what about the handling and ride quality? Lets see a side shot.
Neil - here's the side shot you requested....

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2005, 08:57 PM
car loosk good chef but the rear gotta go a littl ebit lower, too much rake in the front buddy

probabl go down half an inch or so....
ah, so that's what rake means. i get it now. i'm slow apparently. 1/2 inch? you think that much? would the car look weird if the clearance (fender minus top of tire) is more in the front than in the back?

Old 06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
car looks good chief but the rear gotta go a little bit lower, too much rake in the front buddy

probably go down half an inch or so....

look i lowered the rear for you lol..

notice the difference...

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
car looks good chief but the rear gotta go a little bit lower, too much rake in the front buddy

probably go down half an inch or so....

look i lowered the rear for you lol..

notice the difference...
That looks way better! Gotta see if I can find time to do it soon.

Thanks for the P-shop....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics after Wheel and Coil installation