996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

DCT Motorsports T96 sport steering wheel installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
scats is infamous around these parts
DCT Motorsports T96 sport steering wheel installed

In March I picked up my first Porsche. My first weeks of ownership have been nothing short of remarkable. I made a few quick modifications to the car including oem clear side markers, fabspeed intake, and hardwired my V1. Next on the list is to do the pse muffler hack. This would seem to wrap up phase 1 nicely of modifications.

But, one issue I wanted to resolve with the interior was the steering wheel. Not only did the oem steering wheel feel a little thin for me but also based on my seating position the bottom of the wheel was very close to my legs. I was looking for a steering wheel that was thicker, slightly smaller in diameter, and that was as close to oem looking as possible.

I ended up picking up the new DCT Motorsports T96 sport steering wheel.

Side by side comparison.

After installing the airbag bracket.

Installed.

I am extremely pleased with DCT Motorsports T96 sport steering wheel. It has definitely exceeded my expectations. This is not a modified oem wheel, rather a purpose built aftermarket steering wheel. The fit and finish is near oem. By utilizing the oem airbag, you would have to know what you are looking at to think it did not come installed from the factory. The combination of the smaller diameter and flat bottom give me the extra space I was looking for.

Thanks to Ivan at DCT Motorsports for working with me on the purchase and quick delivery.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Franco67 is infamous around these parts
Looks amazing! How much did you have to pay? I guess you ended up keeping your old one. Do you feel a big difference on size ? It's hard to tell on the picture. Unless if you are seating in front of it.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 AM
scats is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Franco67
Looks amazing! How much did you have to pay? I guess you ended up keeping your old one. Do you feel a big difference on size ? It's hard to tell on the picture. Unless if you are seating in front of it.
Thank you. The size is just what I was looking for. Slightly smaller left to right and the flat bottom to improve leg room on the bottom.