996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Help, anyone install an aftermarket wing like this before? (pics attached)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM
delirium is infamous around these parts
Help, anyone install an aftermarket wing like this before? (pics attached)

I bought this wing from a member on this forum and it doesn't have any mount for the engine compartment fan or the air intake. It is a completely open space but I know that engine fan needs to be there for cooling, right? I was hoping this the install would be a DIY like the seller stated, but I dont see how that is possible.

Has anyone installed a wing like this before? How does the fan & intake attach to the bottom of the wing?

Thanks!

Attached Images    
Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Kris79 is infamous around these parts
doesnt look like there is anyway short of refiberglassing a base for the fans. but hey maybe its designed to be like that since its so "freeflowing" lol. the spoiler itself looks pretty cool though. from the pictures it doesnt even have the holes needed for the 3rd brake light to mount .

Old 05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
delirium is infamous around these parts
Ok, so it appears that the side vents on the wing actually do draw air into the engine compartment. Im not sure how much air, but it is connected. Do you think that is sufficient air flow/ventilation to permit not having the fan installed?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Kris79 is infamous around these parts
you have http://mashaw.biz/996Coup.asp
and i actually called mike cause i had to order a cup wing and asked about the wing. so who ever bought it first bought it as a race set up (with out provisions for fans) when u order from mike you have to tell him if u want to use oem fans. but it should have enough air flow AS long as your moving, but for daily driving im not sure if i would run that trunk with outthe fan if you have alot of stop and go driving.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:25 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Take it to your body shop dude. He'll be able to to fabricate anything you want.