996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Sport Exhaust for C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM
alxme is infamous around these parts
Sport Exhaust for C4S

I currently looking into the sport exhaust mufflers that are being sold on ebay, has any one try this mod ?

I guess the internal muffler has been modefy to achieve the sound of the sport exhaust.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Are they Porsche PSE mufflers or an aftermarket muffler? The only aftermarket product that is "switchable" like PSE is made by Fabspeed.

There are many other options in non-switchable mufflers. I use Fister Sport Mufflers on my C4S, which are modified stock mufflers. They sound great, and they are inexpensive compared to other options.

Ultimately your satisfaction depends on what you want out of sport mufflers. Are you looking for something aggressive and very loud, or do you want something that sounds better and a little bit louder without being obnoxious?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
They are stock muffler, with the internal modify.

I want something a little louder than current stock, I am not looking for something loud and obnoxious. I want that deep bit like the pse, but don't want to break the bank either.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
You should have a look at the Fister Sport Mufflers... it's a great sound increase with a little raspiness, but without any drone or other bad side effects. Fisters don't modify the internal muffler componets, but they essentially weld a partial muffler bypass pipe between the muffler inlet and outlet plumbing. I'm very happy with mine.

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.fdmotorsports.net/

Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
mziegler38 is infamous around these parts
I had a Porsche sports exhaust installed on my C2 back in 2004. I have never turned the switch to the off position. So, getting a fixed position muffler makes sense to me. I doubt that you will ever want to go back to "stock".

Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Gonzo911 is infamous around these parts
I am on the wait list for a Fister D from FD MotoR Sports. Almost the unanimous way to go on 6speed and Rennlist.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I wish, I should off seen the FD one, I already order one from eBay. can't wait.

Does the gasket need to be replace if the muffler is being. Replaced?