996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Motor mounts - Solid or semi solid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM
bornrich is infamous around these parts
Motor mounts - Solid or semi solid?

I'm looking to replace my motor mounts and need to decide whether or not I should use solid or semi solid mounts.
I use my car for fun and also instruct with NASA. I hope this year to attend some trackday where I don't; have to work to. I also autox occasionally.

Let me know your experience with these mounts. I'm leaning toward the solids but I also will be using the car for some touring with the wife.

TIA

Matt

Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
I have the factory RS mounts. Very nice compromise from true solid mounts. You feel a slight rumble at idle but when driving it is not noticeable in a bad way, just a firm feel to the motor and suspension in the rear. Very happy with them!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM
MadeInPorshe is infamous around these partsMadeInPorshe is infamous around these parts
Ive got Rennline solid mounts.
Everything feels nice and solid for gear shifts as for
the cabin, vibration was very minimal, however i got the carbon GT3 bucket seats, so you can feel abit of vibration on the low rpm from the seat through your spine, but if you got the stock seat, you wont be able to feel anything.
Make sure NOTHING is loose in the cabin, screws, clips whatever.
You will not be able to stand it, unless u blast the music.
My dome map bulbs were loose, and they annoyed the **** out of me, i thought it was inside the dash but fixed it when i replaced to a LED dome light.

Other then that, i love mine. I got everything tight so no noise, minimal vibration and solid precise shifts and you feel exactly what the motor is doing. I love the rawness feeling of it.