996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 996 with SSR Professor MS1 Wheels and Top Secret Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Porsche 996 with SSR Professor MS1 Wheels and Top Secret Aero Kit

To the Porsche purist, this is a crime. To the tuner, JDM fan, and those that know, this is awesome! This is a Porsche 996 Carrera that started its life out as the narrow body 2 wheel drive 911 with really not that much flare. But what has happened is a complete transformation. As a SSR Wheel supplier, we were notified of this vehicle and simply had to share it. The car features a set of SSR Professor MS1 wheels. The step lip wheels are matte black with a polished lip. Having sold these in the past for other cars such as the 996 Turbo, the sizes this car is probably running are a 19x8.5 and 19x12. With the vehicles matte black exterior finished, it is clear that the Japanese aero kit company Top Secret have made this into a truely unique piece. With its different headlights, flared fenders, big vents, and aggressive rear end, rumor has it this kit alone is upwards of $15,000. Other small details show a full 4 wheel Endless Big Brake Kit and some sort of uber custom and rad Titanium Exhaust. But if I were to get a older Porsche 996 C2 as a project car, this would be the kit I would do along with a VF Engineering Supercharger and these SSR Wheels.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Stone_05 is infamous around these parts
Loving the wheels! I kinda like the front bumper. It's just a little too much kit for my taste. That's just my opinon.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Very nice, like the front spoiler.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
phantom works is infamous around these parts
Top Secret has created some crazy cars in the past and this one is no exception, IMO they hit another home run.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Black_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura about
This is a Porsche 996 Carrera that started its life out as the narrow body 2 wheel drive?

This "was" a C4S which means it wasn't a narrow body.

I think this whole kit is ridiculous, horrible, what were you thinking?, omfg!, jesus christ! what happened to that porsche? Type of thing. I'm assuming those side vents don't work?

I know JDM trust me. But I personally think this has gone to the overly done category. Completely destroyed a 996 body. And the rear bumper says it all. "too much".

I'm sorry man.... I had to say it.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
dotframe is infamous around these parts
I love the wheels but the body parts on that car are just hideous! The rocker panels look like running boards

Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 PM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough
Been watching the FB feeds on this. Very interesting.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:11 PM
jasonradner is infamous around these parts
+1 on the hideous......wth is that thing. Maybe the front end is ok...but the rest is ridiculous. Nice wheels....throw the rest out!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Black_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura about

Old 08-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looks like the bastard child of an Audi R8 and a 981 Boxster!

I like the wheels though...

Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 AM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice
Would be better if performance matched the looks. But wow looks really good.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Altaran is infamous around these parts
Not really fond of the stealth bomber look. Least of all the headlights, they just do match a 911 at all, same goes for the mirrors. I suppose different tastes for different people, personally I think its ugly; typical wanna-be race car thing...

Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of
wow, little have i been away, and i see some newbies here talking crap about my car already? geez...

this was one of the biggest reason why i never posted anything about my project on here, but if anything, MODERATORS of this board, this is the proof of why i was parting/selling so many oem parts when you guys banned me for selling oem parts like a junk-yard vendor.

let me reply you guys one by one...

Originally Posted by Stone_05
Loving the wheels! I kinda like the front bumper. It's just a little too much kit for my taste. That's just my opinon.
i love the wheels too! i actually had white TE37's on it before when the car was white, but due to limited fitment/spec, i had to run 25mm out front and 45mm spacers out rear... with these, bye-bye spacers!

Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Very nice, like the front spoiler.
thx, the front carbon splitter does make the front-end look more complete.

Originally Posted by phantom works
Top Secret has created some crazy cars in the past and this one is no exception, IMO they hit another home run.
Yes, but since the 90's, the lines of their aero are more unify, under "G-Force" label, good point regardless.

Originally Posted by Black_911
This is a Porsche 996 Carrera that started its life out as the narrow body 2 wheel drive?

This "was" a C4S which means it wasn't a narrow body.

I think this whole kit is ridiculous, horrible, what were you thinking?, omfg!, jesus christ! what happened to that porsche? Type of thing. I'm assuming those side vents don't work?

I know JDM trust me. But I personally think this has gone to the overly done category. Completely destroyed a 996 body. And the rear bumper says it all. "too much".

I'm sorry man.... I had to say it.
Nope, you got it all wrong, this car was base on an 01' Turbo, not like yours... the side vents work perfectly fine, in fact, it now has better airflow feeding cool air to the AWE intercoolers... and please educate me Mr.I-know-JDM, what type of build have you done? and what kind of JDM parts have you acquired before? I don't like to brag, but FYI this was one of my previous project, so trust me I do not take any shortcut with any of my car; the term "JDM" goes far beyond than just this aero and this set of wheels... don't you, know? wait, nope you don't.

Originally Posted by dotframe
I love the wheels but the body parts on that car are just hideous! The rocker panels look like running boards
to each of his own on the styling, IMO the oem headlights are ridiculously fugly like a pan-fried egg, that's one of reason why i choose this aero for the build.

Originally Posted by matthewbounds
Been watching the FB feeds on this. Very interesting.
so it's gone viral? man have i been under the cave or what... any links/URL?

Originally Posted by jasonradner
+1 on the hideous......wth is that thing. Maybe the front end is ok...but the rest is ridiculous. Nice wheels....throw the rest out!
that thing, is call functional aero; i've ran the car before and after the aero, and the temperature has signficantly dropped a lot quicker with for the air to go in (see wing & bumper design).

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Looks like the bastard child of an Audi R8 and a 981 Boxster!

I like the wheels though...
then this bastard child is a lot quicker than its origin. lol.

Originally Posted by balefire
Would be better if performance matched the looks. But wow looks really good.
sure it does, not saying it's anywhere close to be one of the fastest, but thanks to Tony @ EPL for the custom k24/18g tune, average 515whp on 91 pump & 575whp on 109 unlead isn't too shaby ain't it?

Originally Posted by Altaran
Not really fond of the stealth bomber look. Least of all the headlights, they just do match a 911 at all, same goes for the mirrors. I suppose different tastes for different people, personally I think its ugly; typical wanna-be race car thing...
the concept behind this built was definitely for street and not for race/track, although the mirrors are by CraftSquare, the same mirrors being used on the JGTC300 Porsche 911's in Japan as seen here:

Attached Images    

Last edited by bbywu; 02-02-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: personal insult
Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 AM
I see that all these negative feedbacks has gotten to you. A man would have accepted the critisism to better himself and become a beneficiary and accept the fact that everyone can speak their own personal opinion.

Instead you try to save yourself and try to put on a cape because you cracked under critisizing moments. Other words, man up.

Perhaps you are right about a Turbo Body. I respect Turbo 911's and it's honorable history but boy sure as hell this one is ruined and no matter how much you try to say, it will not change the outcome of your project. I'm sorry I hate to admit it to you but this isn't an argument, it's telling you what people think of your taste.

Have a nice day.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
- the side vents work perfectly fine
- average 515whp on 91 pump & 575whp on 109 unlead
- concept behind this built was definitely for street and not for race/track
Base on your statements above. Side vents are functional. It's got more power than a stock 996TT and it's concept is meant for street not for race/track and you car has big brake kit, roll cage/bar, aerodynamic kit and 575whp.

First, shouldn't it be 575awhp not 575whp? Second with all these parts meant for track and a serious number of power, you're telling me this is a street car?

So we just clearly figured out the "POS" issue and who it really applies to.

That is a 3rd degree burn my friend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 with SSR Professor MS1 Wheels and Top Secret Aero Kit