996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Lucent & the X74 Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
SC996 is infamous around these parts
Whats up Arling!!
Had a blast all weekend in the car, it really is a night and day difference.
Thank you again for the great service.

Hmmmmmm
Dare I take on the Porsche vs Vette question....
What the hell, you only live once.
Flame suit on check.
The Vette blows away the porsche....sike
I have never had an experience with a car(porsche) like I am having now.
Yes I have owned other sports cars, done plenty of mods and thought I was in eternal bilss...sure,sure.
Then I got a Porsche...its much different with a Porsche, how can I say it...love affair..least my wife thinks so...sickness...least my check book thinks so...but I would'nt trade the experience for the world ...and what an awesome community of fellow porschites to enjoy your passion with.
So to sum it up a Vette is just a car...a Porsche is a life changing experience.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
Tom is a truly badass mechanic/tech who really knows his ****... its no wonder all the other shops outsource their work to him....oops the secrets out.... and Arling is a very laid back enthusiast who has access to a great selection of parts.

Niether of them are "salesmens" just enthusiasts who really knows their ****, thats why they sell.

Last edited by Curves4S; 06-21-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
I 2nd that. They really know their ****.

Not to mention, they provide lunch for customers as well. Great service
Originally posted by Curves4S
Tom is a truly badass mechanic/tech who really knows his ****... its no wonder all the other shops outsource their work to him....oops the secrets out.... and Arling is a very laid back enthusiast who has access to a great selection of parts.

Niether of them are "salesmens" just enthusiasts who really knows their ****, thats why they sell.

Old 06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Arling: I am getting sick of hearing so much good things about you guys

Peter

Old 06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by PeterC4C
Arling: I am getting sick of hearing so much good things about you guys

Peter
we also provide toliet for u to puke. i have access to 3 of them on site. let me know!

Old 06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
Re: I 2nd that. They really know their ****.

Originally posted by yellowbmr
Not to mention, they provide lunch for customers as well. Great service

Lunch? WTF

Old 06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: I 2nd that. They really know their ****.

Originally posted by 911 flyn
Lunch? WTF
BWAHAH U GO HOME TO EARLY EVERY TIME U GO THERE... UR USUALLY OUTTA THERE BY 11:00 AM MAN.. LUNCH IS SERVED AT AROUND 12-1:00PM..

LOL

I AGREE.. THEIR SERVICE IS CRAPPY BUT THE FREE LUNCH IS ALWAYS GREAT HAHAHA

JUST KIDDING.. ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO GET YOUR CAR MODDED... I DO NOT HESITATE TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY FROM MY PLACE TO LUCENT TO GET STUFF DONE TO MY CAR..

Old 06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Re: Re: I 2nd that. They really know their ****.

I am sure someone is going to post it, but here is the menu from last time.

Item Purchased__________________Lunch Provided

X74_____________________________Steak
PSS9____________________________Lobster
ShortShift Kit__________________Chineese Food
PSE_____________________________Chineese Food
Basic Visit to Lucent___________Just coffee
Tires/Wheels____________________Steak/Lobster
Spacers_________________________Just a tour of the place
Originally posted by 911 flyn
Lunch? WTF

Old 06-21-2005, 07:37 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
pics of your sandrail please

Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Hotrodguy
As requested here are a couple of shots of my other favorite passion.
This is a long travel Sandrail for those of you who might not know, its kind of a So Cali thing!!
I call it my other Porsche

Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
another...testing the coilovers

Attached Images  

Last edited by SC996; 06-21-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:01 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by SC996
another...testing the coilovers
Are you wearing a helmet in this pic? Or are your cheeks just completely FILLED with air??

I love sand sports! We have a nice trailer with some tricked out quads.. never got around to getting a rail

One of my friends' family has a ton of them, keep them at their home in mexico. One is a two seater that is pretty much 100% chromed out (a little bright in the sun ) and I forget how much power but it was MAD FAST They use jet fuel in the thing 24/7... you should think about using jet fuel some time. Although it is alot pricer, you get ALOT more power out of it! ITs safe too!!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:10 PM
rduffyt
no helmets...that is my wife you see in the passenger seat...she is wearing a pink beanie
It is a 1" 5/8ths all chromoly race cage chassis
You are secured by a 5point harness and wrist restraints.
24 inches of travel on all 4 corners with King coilovers and double bypass shocks.
No need for race gas, its 400 hp on pump gas!!!

Last edited by SC996; 06-21-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Sick man, I'd love to have toys like you guys some day.....

Old 06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SC996
Hotrodguy
As requested here are a couple of shots of my other favorite passion.
This is a long travel Sandrail for those of you who might not know, its kind of a So Cali thing!!
I call it my other Porsche
awesome, head out to glamis much? I try to get out there a few times each season. I'm the only toyless soul out of my group of friends

But that way I always get a good selection to borrow from. That thing looks like a blast!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lucent & the X74 Install