996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car Magnet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
brwiedman is infamous around these parts
I know that the comments are only to prove a point but no one "deserves" to have their car keyed, No matter what. ( This is a true act of vandalism and there are laws). If you are parking at the end of the lot furthest from the entrance and it is not Christmas, where the lots are full, I see no problem taking 2 spots. If the lots are going to be full I take my 1996 Grand Voyageur, ( yes 1996). NOBODY PARKS NEXT TO ME, I wonder why.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM
nottoshabi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by leftlane
Guys that take up 2 spots deserve to be keyed. That is a ******y move no matter what you are driving.
I'm sorry you see it like that. Just as brwiedman said if its in the back of the lot and lot is empty I don't see it as a bad move.

Now I know if my car ever gets keyed by taking up 2 spots I know who to come and ask for compensation. LOL JK. Its just a personal opinion.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
I will sometimes park my pickup next to a nice car as I figure they are unlikely to ding my doors and I've just protected one side of theirs.

A guy with a Ferrari came out to find an old pickup next to his with a note taped to the pickup, "I've got a Diablo in my garage. Just running interference for you."

I wouldn't make blanket assumptions about those parking next to me.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
teoulennon is infamous around these parts
Nothing screams "please mess with my car bc im a dbag and I think it's more important than yours" like taking up two spots. Doing that is just asking for trouble and really isn't necessary.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Gonzo911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brwiedman
I know that the comments are only to prove a point but no one "deserves" to have their car keyed, No matter what. ( This is a true act of vandalism and there are laws). If you are parking at the end of the lot furthest from the entrance and it is not Christmas, where the lots are full, I see no problem taking 2 spots. If the lots are going to be full I take my 1996 Grand Voyageur, ( yes 1996). NOBODY PARKS NEXT TO ME, I wonder why.
You're right. No one would ever key your car because it would be against the law.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I think people take two spots that are available NOT because one thinks that their car is better, but to protect their car from the person who just doesn't think when opening their door. Often times it is the person who is just getting out of their car and think that they need to open their door fully with no regard to others. I would question who "thinks their car is more important", the person trying their best to keep their doors smooth or the person who "throws" their door open. It has nothing to do with, "I think my car is better" as much as it is, "I will do my best to avoid" the door crunch. We try to respect each other and if one intentionally parks beside a "luxury" car then let's examine our motive. Remember, those who take two spots with their car are no different than the person with the Ford F450 that takes two spots, though this person thinks his truck is too big for just one spot. Cars and parking spaces are built and made with respect to each other. Yes it is much easier to "justify" the big truck taking two spots but in reality car and truck can fit into the space provided.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
Several thoughts came to mind when I read this:
1) Dude in a light blue (can you believe that??) AM DB9 has the stones to park across the line at a Cars and Coffee event... as the blokes say "******".
2) Steve, your car w/ the orange stripe will definitely be a magnet... thing looks hot... and the wannabes are going to park next to you so they "blend in" w/ the pimp ride.
3) Soccer moms and kids kicking doors open... I saw that once (not my car) and gave the woman a piece of my mind (small one... I can't afford much)... she just shrugged... "it's just a car"... huh????

Last edited by jhthornley; 11-09-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
I always try to park so that at least one side of me is protected and then I hug that side.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I will drive around a parking lot to find the parking stall that allows me to park next the curb, at the end of a row, and then "without" rubbing my wheels I park REAL close to the curb. I feel "safe" in this position. If not I will find a stall, or two, at or near the end of the parking lot. Having said all that just to say this, it's a matter of respecting one another. Just because someone drives an older vehicle doesn't mean he doesn't like it as much as we like our Porsches.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
teoulennon is infamous around these parts
"available parking spots" is a relative term. I've seen far too many occasions where someone purposely parked in two spaces when they were needed by other cars later.
I dont care what you're driving, unless the parking lot is huge and the person can be 100% certain the spots won't be used it's just rude.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
came out of the gym to this:

. . . and then. . .
Backstory: apparently this guy buys CTS and double parks everyday at work. So guy with Del Sol decided to do this:

Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
nottoshabi is infamous around these parts
Lol. You should of waited a little bit cause the girl driving the Honda could be cute. Who ever drives that del sol rules.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhthornley
Steve, your car w/ the orange stripe will definitely be a magnet... thing looks hot... and the wannabes are going to park next to you so they "blend in" w/ the pimp ride.
Thank you sir. I have a parking lot just outside my office window and see people parking all day I'm there. Some people are simply oblivious to others around them and park correspondingly. Others just don't care about others. The result is the same. I don't drive the car when I have to make several stops at locations that would require me parking in tight quarters. That's what the "other" cars almost all of us own.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Available parking spots need to be available. Take the 1996 caravan. We are not trying to create problems but avoid them. Hence upsetting others who can't park because we take up two spots and avoid door dings. Its a crazy world made up of sane people

Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
There is zero justification for taking two spots. Rationalize if you must, but it doesn't excuse you. Being "that guy" just invites problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Car Magnet