996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car Magnet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
rrrruben is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nottoshabi
Lol. You should of waited a little bit cause the girl driving the Honda could be cute. Who ever drives that del sol rules.
True dat. My roomie drives a Del Sol (God bless her soul) and she is a cutie. LOL.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 PM
brwiedman is infamous around these parts
Where in the book of truth does it say "Thou shalt not take two available spot"
Has one never used a empty chair at Starbucks to put their bag or book on?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brwiedman
Where in the book of truth does it say "Thou shalt not take two available spot"
Has one never used a empty chair at Starbucks to put their bag or book on?
Maybe you are "that guy" after all - can't see why you'd argue for something so stupid if you weren't.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow. I think I hit a nerve. The conversation was going well till the mean man comes out. There is no law against taking two spots, it is a courtesy to others to take one. Key a car is against the law. Just because one doesn't agree with another does not make any one "that guy".

Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Ozzir is infamous around these parts
I have always found it ignorant to take up 2 stalls especially if you do it close to a main entrance. If its way out in the back lot where nobody parks then fine but taking up 2 spots is just asking for trouble. It just draws more attemtion to the fact that you think your car is somehow more worthy than the guy that just dropped 60 g on his new truck. Lots of people spend more money on a new Honda than what some Porsches are worth. I would never damage someone elses property ..... But i certainly wouldnt feel pitty for someone that got keyed because they took up 2 spots. Any time I take one of my more expensive cars to a mall i park as far away from the entrance as possible where nobody parks and i make sure to only take up one spot. Most people are lazy and even parking beside a nice car isnt worth the trouble of the extra walk so my car is always left alone.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM
My point is to all this conversation is if there are spaces available in the far out reaches of the lot then use the space. When the mall is crowded take the 1996 Caravan.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:34 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brwiedman
There is no law against taking two spots, it is a courtesy to others to take one.
Around here you can get a ticket if you park outside the lines.

Fortunately in my suburb, the civil engineers must be car guys as the spots are wide enough to open almost fully on both sides without hitting the next car. Now if I go anywhere close to downtown Chicago, most of the spots are technically illegal as most don't conform to the minimum width city code. A couple news investigations reported this awhile ago.

The ones that crack me up are the 2k POS Honda's that not only take up two spots but also park diagonally. I guess it's all relative though...

Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
If the spaces are available then protect your car. By no means do I or others think that our car is better. This an not a fair assumption to make. If others would think their cars where worth something to value then there would be no door dings. Its not we think our cars are better but others think their cars are not worth taking car of. Remember door dings have an effect on both car.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Ozzir is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alpine003
Around here you can get a ticket if you park outside the lines.

Fortunately in my suburb, the civil engineers must be car guys as the spots are wide enough to open almost fully on both sides without hitting the next car. Now if I go anywhere close to downtown Chicago, most of the spots are technically illegal as most don't conform to the minimum width city code. A couple news investigations reported this awhile ago.

The ones that crack me up are the 2k POS Honda's that not only take up two spots but also park diagonally. I guess it's all relative though...
I think you hit the nail on the head. Is all relative. The guy with the 2 k pos just dropped his life savings on it and to him its his only vehicle and more than likely his world. He somehow feels justified in taking up 2 spots because he feels his car is important. Just imagine if everyone started to feel their cars were more worthy. Its just not right nor can it be justified to take up 2 spots and only asks for more damage from some pissed off kid than if you just parked normally. Keep in mind that if you take up 2 spots youve suddenly opened up the path of least resistence to every soccer mom with a shopping cart that may just be in a hurry and slam her cart off the side of your car. I think theres a way bigger chance of damage from double parking than just doing the right thing and parking far away.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Every now and then it's not so bad. I park my car at the airport on a regular basis. I always park at the far end of the garage, where there are no other cars. Frequently there is a car parked next to me when I return from my trip. Here's what I returned to earlier this year:

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes. If available. Every day is different. As I said before. Christmas time take the van. Even though I could care less about getting my van hit I just don't swing my door open against any car. If every one would watch out for others,,,,, this is the real issue.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM
zeeeeeee is infamous around these parts
I park on the passenger side of a mini-van. One less door to worry about and the rear sliding door is less of a hazard...

Last edited by zeeeeeee; 11-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I do the same ,,,,, park passenger door side. I thought I was the only one to think and do this. Thanks for confirming that.