996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Car Magnet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Car Magnet

Okay. Nothing serious here. Just a spew (slightly less than a rant). It seems that everywhere I go in the car I become a car magnet. I can (evidenced by the photos) park in an empty parking lot, go into the building for 5 minutes, and come out to find the only cars parked in the lot are next to me. I never park nearest the building but......... Anyone else?

When I come out the entire parking lot is empty, except for the row I'm in.
Empty when I went in. Next to me when I came out. Even in front of me was empty.

The rest of the parking lot when I came out (except immediately next to me).

Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Happens all the time,haha.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
Steve same thing happens to me. Usually it's a big pick-up truck that parks right on me. Drives me nuts!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM
rrrruben is infamous around these parts
I have had the same experience numerous times. The whole idea of parking in an isolated section of a parking lot is to avoid door dings. I have deduced that my newly found neighbor is seeking the same thing. I have also noticed that in most cases my newly found neighbor is a high end vehicle. Go figure.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Classic!! At least your neighbors there are parked equidistant from the lines. I seem to attract the parallel-line challenged idiots who end up right on top of me on one side or the other. I almost always seek out a spot that only has one side open to another car - and then scoot over as far as I can anyway.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
the losers you all mention are the same brainless ones that pull up behind you too close at a red light and inch up every time you do...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
It's normal, from Audi to Yugo forums, it's just human nature. I went on a late night grocery run with my Mercedes, I parked far and away and was one of maybe 5 cars in the parking lot all by myself. When I got out, a SUV was parked right next to me on the right. We were the only two cars way in the back. Drive me nuts when the front parking spots were completely emptied.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
I want to scream!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one this happens to! Drives me nuts! And yes it's usually a POS old car or truck...So I keep a nice big bottle of calm down coins in the car! $1.19 = 1 16oz beer

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it's definitely bothersome to a point but some just want to park next to nice cars because they themselves value or cherish their cars just as much and figured they might have a better chance of reducing door dings as well next to nice car.

HOWEVER, we are more vulnerable since our cars don't have any moldings on the side.

Worst ones are the soccer mom SUV's where the kid just kicks open their door with no regard to whoever is next to them.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Worst ones are the soccer mom SUV's where the kid just kicks open their door with no regard to whoever is next to them.

Amen

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
nottoshabi is infamous around these parts
Same think happens to me. I almost always will park far from the entrance of the building just cause I know people are to lazy to walk far. If I can not do that I will take up 2 spots. Yes I know I'm that guy, but being that guy is much cheaper then a door ding. What I have been starting to do now is park at an angle these cars are small enough to fit in a regular spot at an angle to where your front and rear bumper are crossing the lines. That actually serves 2 purposes, most people think you can not drive so they are afraid you will hit their cars and they wont park next to you. And the mall security can not give you a warning because not enough of the car is crossing the line for them to consider taking up 2 spots. And if some one actually does hit the car it will hit the bumpers which are more sustainable to hits then the metal doors.

Also if you pay attention to the cars that will actually park next to you will all be high end cars, and priuses. LOL. I went to target to pick up something to drink, I parked at the back of the parking structure it was far away from the entrance and there were a lot of closer spots open and I parked in the middle of 7 spot row I had 3 empty spots on each side. When I came back out I had an M3 and a Rover supercharged parked on each side both back it in and with their front wheels turned like it was picture time.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nottoshabi
Same think happens to me. I almost always will park far from the entrance of the building just cause I know people are to lazy to walk far. If I can not do that I will take up 2 spots. Yes I know I'm that guy, but being that guy is much cheaper then a door ding. What I have been starting to do now is park at an angle these cars are small enough to fit in a regular spot at an angle to where your front and rear bumper are crossing the lines. That actually serves 2 purposes, most people think you can not drive so they are afraid you will hit their cars and they wont park next to you. And the mall security can not give you a warning because not enough of the car is crossing the line for them to consider taking up 2 spots. And if some one actually does hit the car it will hit the bumpers which are more sustainable to hits then the metal doors.

Also if you pay attention to the cars that will actually park next to you will all be high end cars, and priuses. LOL. I went to target to pick up something to drink, I parked at the back of the parking structure it was far away from the entrance and there were a lot of closer spots open and I parked in the middle of 7 spot row I had 3 empty spots on each side. When I came back out I had an M3 and a Rover supercharged parked on each side both back it in and with their front wheels turned like it was picture time.
Guys that take up 2 spots deserve to be keyed. That is a ******y move no matter what you are driving.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 AM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
sorry to say this ... that orange stripe getting to much attention

Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Gonzo911 is infamous around these parts
+1000 to the comment about taking up 2 spaces. You are just buying time till someone keys your car (or worse). This is where I usually park!

Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
At least you had a new BMW and a new Audi park next to you. They probably parked by you because they knew that you wouldn't give them a door ding!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Car Magnet