996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

wheels for my 2002 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I have factory wheels right now for my summer wheels, but I'm planning to upgrade them. I'm going to stick with something the same size and offset as the factory wheels, but go for something lighter. I really like HRE wheels and I'll probably go that route. I'm particularly fond of the HRE R43.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
yiannit60 is infamous around these parts
what did you think about ccw wheels ?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
There are a lot of nice choices out there, just depends on the look you want.

I looked for two years to find my set of Champion RG5's in 18" wide body fittment.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
look at forgestar, they have a great selection of style and sizes. the wheels are strong but inexpensive.

adv is another brand. bit more expensive though.

if you are upgrading, get 19's for a better look. otherwise, stick with the stock setup.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
If your considering 19's check out my FS ad in the classifieds. If you are interested I could come down on the price a little.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-sports.html

Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
SoCal GT3 is infamous around these parts
How about the BBS LMs right now for sale in the for sale forum? They look great and very classic styling.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 PM
CondorA580I is infamous around these parts
I'd keep the stock turbo twists and throw some spacers to widen the tracking and it helps fill in the gap in the fenders as well. However, I'm a bit of a purists, so asside from that, I would say any other wheel manufactured by Porsche as opposed to Aftermarket. Goodluck and I hope you find one that you're pleased with

Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Worldisyourz is infamous around these parts
Stock is nice but I decided to try 20"s on my C4S. Although I would not recommend it for canyons or tracks, I enjoy driving it to work and back, Rides beautifully and gets compliments all day long. Oh, and it looks KILLER!! Its your car so do whatever puts a smile on your face when you stare at your vehicle.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
I'd recommend that you check out a set of the Forgestar F14 or Forgestar CF5 wheels if you're looking for an 18" setup. Forgestar wheels are rotary forged, strong, light weight and affordable!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Snowball350 is infamous around these parts
I was faced with the same choice a year ago and it came down to this for me: style or comfort. I do not race the car on a track and it's my weekend driver for the most part. There are nicer options available in 19inch (wheel enhancements, forgestar were mentioned and they have awesome wheels) but with the 19 inch wheel comes a lower profile tire and therefore harsher ride quality. Also, I have a narrow body C2 and I kind of felt like the 19s looked too big on it, at least in the rear where they seemed to hide under the wheel well. I ended up going with 18s and used a 265/35/18 tire. I live in a metropolitan area in the North East and the roads here are pretty bad, so for me it made sense. I bought all season continentals (ExtremeContactDWS) from tire rack and the ride quality is superb, I would recommend those if that fits your needs.

But whatever you end up choosing, please post pics !

Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM
yes i will stay with 18s. i just put new tires (hankooks ventus v12) on my factory wheels i am very happy so far with the new tires i dont track the car only street driving on weekends . I did a little work on my wheels repaint a little lighter color from the original color also i painted the letter S from the cup red it sticks out very nice ! also am planning to buy new rims 18s next spring but i am not sure if i like concaves or with a lip . i got my first porsche early this year with very low mileage 17000 in very good condition the only thing i did so far is install k&n air filter .i will post pictures very soon thanks everyone for the help

Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
properformance1 is infamous around these parts
I think the best looking wheels are 18'' turbo twists on 996

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
So ride height and stance makes a huge difference on these cars, especially the wide body like yours. I have owned a few as you'll see below and run a lot of different configurations. 18's generally will handle and perform better. That said, a high quality 19 will ride and perform far better than a cheap heavy 18 with lousy tires.

Here's the way I got my old C4S cab. It had some hideous cheap heavy 19's and the car is at hard core 4x4 status. FYI, these wheels were so heavy and crappy, I believe it caused the front diff to fail on the previous owner (replaced under warranty) even though she was running the correct tire and wheel ratio:

Here is the same car with factory Turbo Thrust 18's but still stock height (monster truck height)

Now look at the difference it makes having lowered the car with TechArt coil overs and utilizing spacers. 20mm rear 14mm front. At this height, it still rides beautifully. Yes that's a vinyl wrap, but that's another thread.

This was an experiment with some non factory heavy 997 turbo knock off 19's. They just looked like wagon wheels. Terrible.

But here is my old turbo 996 with Reiger 19's that looked great (think these could have used wider spacers as it was running just 14mm in rear and 7mm in front. Also with JIC Cross coils it rode very well even though super thin tires (325/25/19's in rear) and low ride height.

Here's a C4S I used to own with factory thrusts and JIC Cross coil over suspension:

Same car with Fikse 18's. These were super lightweight and added real performance compared to the heavy non hallow factory wheels, but I didn't like how the style made them look almost like 17's. No spacers either. That may have helped.

Here is the car now as the new owner has it lowered even further and is running 3 piece Rotiforms. Spectacular IMHO. I believe with the JIC Cross coil overs, it's probably riding pretty rough and required the fenders to be rolled.

Keep in mind, I'm not a purist and I prefer my Porsches harder, louder, more aggressive and less comfortable.

Here's my current 993

Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Snowball350 is infamous around these parts
wow ! great write up. I think the ruger 19s lokks the best, closely followed by the stock turbo twist 18s. I'm personally not a fan of chrome rims and deep dish ones. Great pics, love how it looks lowered.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 PM
some pictures from my car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheels for my 2002 4s