996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

wheels for my 2002 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 AM
yiannit60 is infamous around these parts
wheels for my 2002 4s

i am new porsche owner & i am looking for a new set wheels & tires for my 2002 c4s i need help

Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
What kind of help do you need? Are you looking for wheels for sale? Recommended brands or styles? Sizes and offsets?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Not sure what you're looking for as far as advice. You could start by checking out tire rack or google "Porsche Wheels." What do you currently have? I like my Turbo S wheels which came with my C4S, and am using Kumho tires, Sumitomo's are also good.
Check out Victor Equipment for wheels only, you're going to need to know what offset you need.

Last edited by FLA996TT; 11-12-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
As a starting point, you can check out

http://www.tirerack.com

Looks like they have about 30 wheels listed that would fit a 2002 C4S.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
kromdom is infamous around these parts
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I've used www.wheelenhancement.com to purchase wheels before. They are very knowledgeable with respect to Porsche wheels and options. I had a very good experience with them.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM
my big concern is to use 18s or 19s ? because i hear so many stories and i am a little confused

Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
That's a matter of personal preference. Porsche only recommends 18" wheels for the C4S. If you want to stay with Porsche recommended sizes, then go with 18" wheels. Porsche can provide you with the recommended diameters, offsets and tire sizes for the 996 range.

That being said, many people have used 19" wheels on the 996 C4S. If you find somebody that you trust who has done this and can recommend sizes that haven't caused them any issues, then you can go that route.

There are many nice choices in 18" or 19" wheels. Have fun searching!

EDIT: Make sure you carefully consider the difference in diameter between your front and rear wheels. If you buy new wheels and tires that have a difference that is too great, then it can (and will) damage your AWD system or cause other issues. There's a guy in our local club who has a 996 C4S with 19" wheels (sorry, I have no idea what sizes) who seems to be running them without issue. He's actually considering going up to a 20" wheel.

Last edited by Dennis C; 11-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have an AWD vehicle don't all tires have to have the same circumference? It's possible to have wider rims/tires on the rear but the circumference of the rears have to be identical to the fronts.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
thank you very much for your help Dennis i will stay with 18"

Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Pors-Vette
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have an AWD vehicle don't all tires have to have the same circumference? It's possible to have wider rims/tires on the rear but the circumference of the rears have to be identical to the fronts.
There is some acceptable variance - I believe the maximum allowable variance is 3%.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by yiannit60
thank you very much for your help Dennis i will stay with 18"
You're welcome! My choice has been to stay with 18" wheels also. Again though - there are people who run 19" wheels and they may convince you to go that route. You have to do a little more homework, but I know many people have done it. The wheel choices in the 19" diameter are certainly nice!

Good luck with your choice.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
In general, I'd say it's 19s for looks, 18s for lower cost and better performance. I've stayed with the 18s but there are some very nice wheels out there in 19".

Yes, for AWD, need to watch for any significant circumference differences. Seems like staying within 3-4% seems OK. There's going to be some differences no matter what since our rears wear 2X faster than the fronts.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Did you guys stay with the factory wheels or you use aftermarket?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Factory wheels for me so far. I've got the Turbo Twist wheels that came with the car. I also picked up a set of OEM GT3 Style Wheels (Turbo size/offsets). I've been looking at a set of OZs (18") for possible track use -- a little bit wider and pretty lightweight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheels for my 2002 4s