996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Durametric for Mac???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 AM
up-n-over is infamous around these parts
Durametric for Mac???

Is there a diagnostic tool that I can use with a Mac computer? I was going to buy a Durametric, but they only work with PCs.

I have PSM and ABS lights illuminated on my C4S and I have tried replacing all of the things suggested in the on-line forums. I'm tired of swapping parts to try to luck-up on the the solution.

Any ideas? Anyone with a Durametric in the Charlotte, NC area that would be willing to let me read the codes?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
yo_clarkie is infamous around these parts
I run a Mac, and there is no native solution that I have ever found.

I use VM Ware to run a copy of XP on the Mac in a window and it works great for Durametric.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
Like the above said you can use VMware Fusion or use bootcamp and run a copy of windows from your mac. VMware will run it within your mac's OS while bootcamp will shut down the mac and reboot into the windows OS.

I was considering getting a durametric as well and with PC prices so low these days, I was thinking about picking up a 11" or 13" netbook dedicated to the software so I dont have to worry about corruption from the outside. You can nab one these days for like $200. Check out newegg and geeks.com

Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
up-n-over is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys. I'll check it out.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
All you have to do is partition your Mac and run PC software on one side. Then you can use your Durametric on you Mac. However, it would be cheaper to simply buy a $399 notebook computer and use that exclusively for your Durametric work.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:04 PM
MiamiC70 is infamous around these parts
Bootcamp

Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I have a MacBook Air. Made a 15GB Partition, then installed bootcamp and windows. On windows, I installed the latest version of durametrics. A friend let me borrow his cable and I was able to use it without problems.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM
2005 GT-2 is infamous around these parts
FYI - I have recently used durametric 6 with parallels and on my MacBook Pro 15 retina - worked wonderfully!