996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

fake turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:12 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I like the E50, I'll keep it for now. Or maybe remove the 0 and make the car a E5

Old 07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
thats liek i put the turbo tail on my car and put my carerra badge on my deck lid and some people are like isnt it a turbo im like nope. then soem will be like why not put the turbo badge back on and im like ugh it never had one gosh lol

Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
remove the e and the 50.

make it just simple, and cool.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:22 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I want to keep the E5 (5 stands for 5.0L and a V8 vs. a small block V8 and only a 3.2L). Huge difference between the 2 regarding performance.

0 to 60 in less than 5.7 vs sometime after lunch, ha ha

Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
alrova is infamous around these parts
I don't see anything wrong with putting turbo on a C2, i own a C2 and i love it but i wouldn't put the turbo thing. BUT when you put turbo bumpers or GT2 wings isn't that the same thing just more expensive? and well it looks way better but as someone said, most of the people don't know the freaking difference between c2, c4s, turbo, gt2, gt3 etc. The only ones that i really laugh are the 300M that are changed for Bentley.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I TOTALLY disagree, changing bumpers, rims, etc. is fine. But adding or changing the emblems is JUST PLAIN WRONG, period !

Take all the emlems off, is ok, but lying is somethinig totally different.

I have a GT-2 front bumper and a C4s rear bumper, but the emblem on the engine lid is 911 and a license tag frame has Carrera 4. Because that is what the car is. Not a C4s, Not a GT-2, Not a Turbo, just a tricked out C4.

Last edited by RobertM; 07-05-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i agree with Robert - or else I'm a poseur

Old 07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
that's a shame! the 911 c2 it'self is such a nice car.
why would you have to fake it...

Raja

Old 07-06-2005, 10:02 AM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
I cant take it I have a Black C4 with A gemballa Wing and everyone asks me if its a turbo, I say no its a C4, then they think they know what they are talking about and always say you mean a 4S, and Im like noa Carrera 4, and they keep insisting on saying a Carrera 4S??? The worst is they think they know what they are talking about and they are educating me

Old 07-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I love blowing the doors off of the fake M3's I see when I'm in my BMW.... It's great!

We should have a contest of who can find the fake..... Porsche only.....

-Eli

Old 07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
mase is infamous around these parts
I agree with you all, faking the funk isn't cool.
I see tons of cars in LA with M3 badges, and 55 or 600 badges.

However, I want to make one point. I don't think it's in poor taste is someone has an AMG badge on their Merc if they actaully have AMG parts.
Before MB aquired AMG lincensing, AMG was/is a tuner. They make performance parts and accessories for cars. Yes, they do make tuned engines in the nature of the 65 and 55 engines for MB, but that doesn't mean that a car with an AMG badge on their car means the are perpetrating that they have a AMG car.

It's the same when a Porsche with a Gemballa kit or Techart wheels decides to put a Gemballa or Techart Badge on their car. Or when a MB with a a full Lorinser kit puts on a Lorinser badge, it's simply for branding.

NOw if that same car had put on an AMG badge and SL55 badge, but was bone stock with no actual AMG parts...different story.

get what i mean? AMG is a tuner. If a a MB owner decided to do a whole AMG bodykit and wheels, why shouldn't he be able to rock the badge?

Last edited by mase; 07-07-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Mase,
Good point! Most of the cars that have the AMG emblem only have the AMG wheels.

BUT hold on, so if I have a GT-2 front nose and a C4s, Turbo look rear bumper, can I install a GT-2 or a turbo emblem on the engine lid. I don't think so.

So is AMG any different than a GT-2 emblem???

Last edited by RobertM; 07-08-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:53 AM
yup, there sure is a difference.

I am not saying that if you added those parts to a C4S thus being able to claim you have a GT2.

The 2 examples are actually quite different.

A GT2 is more than just a bodykit (this you know), where having someone put on an AMG badge while still keeping there E500 badge because he does truly have AMG parts is OK in my book.

Your example of having someone front like they had a GT2 would be more in the same lines of that some person claiming they had a E55 instead of a E500, by badging it thusly.

AMG = Tuner as are Gemballa and Techart
GT2 and E55 are are specific models.
You shouldn't claim you have a model you don't, but you should be allowed to ADD a badge that signifies what parts you do.

If I had BMW with a full Hamann body kit and wheels, is it in poor taste that I add a Hamann badge on the the deck lid?

I don't believe so. Know what I'm saying, man?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Mase,
Another good point and I agree with your thoughts!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 AM
cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: fake turbo