996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Switching ECU tuner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012 | 04:47 PM
|
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Switching ECU tuner

I have a tune via obd. If I want to switch to a different company tune, do I have to flash back to stock? I know I should be asking the new tuner but I thought I'd ask. I want a more aggressive tune but I'm not sure who to switch to.

Old 12-09-2012 | 07:14 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
While i havent done this on my 996, on other cars i have done this with you shouldnt have to. The new tune should replace the existing one. You may want to back-up the current tune. What tune are you going with? I'm current looking for an obd based tune.

Last edited by Slopeslider2; 12-09-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2012 | 07:36 PM
|
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I currently have a GIAC tune. I'm looking for an aggressive tune that can utilize higher octane and more aggressive timing/throttle. I'm not sure who offers a local dyno tune specific to my bolt-ons.

Old 12-10-2012 | 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geetee
I currently have a GIAC tune. I'm looking for an aggressive tune that can utilize higher octane and more aggressive timing/throttle. I'm not sure who offers a local dyno tune specific to my bolt-ons.
Are you looking to race this car exclusively? Or is this simply for street driving? We have much more aggressive offerings for track only cars as we done tons of testing on the race cars we used to support. What octane are you looking to run?

Old 12-10-2012 | 04:46 PM
|
Street car but looking for an aggressive tune. I didn't realize you had other tunes. I probably have all the bolt on's I cound find. Intake/crank pulley/plenum/headers/200 cells/going back to straight through mufflers/thinking of adding 76.4mm TB also. Always minimum 94 octane. It's a drive by cable car though and flashed via OBD through one of your dealers AWE.

Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Are you looking to race this car exclusively? Or is this simply for street driving? We have much more aggressive offerings for track only cars as we done tons of testing on the race cars we used to support. What octane are you looking to run?

Old 12-11-2012 | 01:08 PM
nitrosobmw is infamous around these parts
Hi Austin, im looking for a more agresive tube aswell, same mods as the OP but with the 76.4 tb, no cats, and mufflers bypass, alex.sales2@hotmail.com please email me as i cant send or receive private messages yet, thanks

Old 12-11-2012 | 03:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by nitrosobmw
Hi Austin, im looking for a more agresive tube aswell, same mods as the OP but with the 76.4 tb, no cats, and mufflers bypass, alex.sales2@hotmail.com please email me as i cant send or receive private messages yet, thanks
You must be drive by cable also? 76.4 from FVD? Did you notice any difference?

Old 12-13-2012 | 06:04 AM
nitrosobmw is infamous around these parts
Hi geetee, im elec throttle, my friends had a 99 c2 and he offered me those parts, What im thinking is getting the 82mm gt3 tb,