996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT3 Wheels vs Cargraphic 3 pc wheels (opinions?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
GT3 Wheels vs Cargraphic 3 pc wheels (opinions?)

Guys,

I have two sets of wheels and I like both so I want your opinions as I go into the next track season. Pictures are attacked and here are the specs:

Cargraphic 3 pc
8.5x18 ET40
10x18 ET47

Porsche GT3
8.5x18 ET40
11x18 ET63

If I do my math right it means that the GT3 wheels stick out about 3.3 mm less. I could get more rubber with GT3 wheels but the offset on the Cargraphic looks perfect....even though the difference is only 3.3 mm

Take a look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts.

Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Sleek996 is infamous around these parts
Wow...both wheels are superb but the gt3 wheels makes the wheels look bigger. Gt3 gets the win for me, nice car by the way.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
yiannit60 is infamous around these parts
i like the GT3 looks better

Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 PM
DJonathanSilva is infamous around these parts
Which wheels are lighter? The Cargraphic wheels are amzing! Can you post more pictures of the cargraphics, I have been looking for a set for a while now, rare to find good pictures. They are pretty old now

Old 12-10-2012, 05:09 AM
mjp911 is infamous around these parts
My vote is for the cargraphic ones - car looks great.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I do like the cargraphic wheels but it looks like you have so much sidewall on the back rim it throw it off because of the lip. I actually prefer the look of the GT3 wheels with the aero parts on your car. Cargraphic have a few two many spokes for my liking. I would be curious to see how they would look in anthracite or black though with a silver lip. Which rim is lighter and by how many pounds? Sorry for going back and forth because they are both nice but if it is for track just use the lighter set.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
As others said, I would place the lighter wheels as priority over the 1" wider width. You might also find that your lap times might actually be faster with the narrower rear tires(slightly less grip but also less understeer).

I was actually surprised to find out how heavy those GT3 wheels are.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
They both look good. The cargraphic has more of a motorsport feel while I think those gt3 wheels look pretty classy and still sporty making them my preference. Actually, use the cargraphics. How does $20 per wheel for those gt3's sound?

Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Stone_05 is infamous around these parts
GT3's get my vote. Thought about selling mine, but seeing them on other 911's convinces me not to. I can see myself going back to them eventually.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Snowball350 is infamous around these parts
wheels

Stock GT3 wheels all the way, they just look right on your car. nice ride BTW.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
As far as I'm concerned, op is asking about "track" wheels. Function should always take priority over looks unless you're just looking to be a poser out on the tracks and be a back marker.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Franco67 is infamous around these parts
Same here GT3 wheels is the way to go!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 AM
nitrosobmw is infamous around these parts
As much as i love how it looks with the gt3 wheels , i would go cargraphic.
Function over form!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Thanks for your opinions... The reason for the post was I could not decide. Just so you all understand my motivation....The Cargraphic wheels are great but they are a pain in the a_s to clean after a day on the track. Since I love GT3 wheels and figured they would be easier to clean I bought the set. ( I have been thinking of getting Gt3 wheels for my 997.2 as well) However, when I put them on, I wasn't as convinced. The Cargraphic wheels look aggressive and sporty and give the car some uniqueness while the GT3s make the car look nice but not the same impact and I do struggle a bit with the Posuer thing as stated. But you all brought up another point that is important for the track....do I want more rubber or less weight. I will weigh the wheels the next time they are out of storage. Thanks again for you help :-)

Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by lowpue
Thanks for your opinions... The reason for the post was I could not decide. Just so you all understand my motivation....The Cargraphic wheels are great but they are a pain in the a_s to clean after a day on the track. Since I love GT3 wheels and figured they would be easier to clean I bought the set. ( I have been thinking of getting Gt3 wheels for my 997.2 as well) However, when I put them on, I wasn't as convinced. The Cargraphic wheels look aggressive and sporty and give the car some uniqueness while the GT3s make the car look nice but not the same impact and I do struggle a bit with the Posuer thing as stated. But you all brought up another point that is important for the track....do I want more rubber or less weight. I will weigh the wheels the next time they are out of storage. Thanks again for you help :-)
Lowpue FWIW, a lot of track guys spray their track wheels with plastidip as this is reversible. This does two things, by hiding brake dust and providing protection for guys that use certain racing compounds that can harm the alloy. Obviously not everyone will want dark wheels as its a matter of taste. And if you're planning on using these for double duty track and street, then it might look too ghetto for street.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Wheels vs Cargraphic 3 pc wheels (opinions?)