996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How do I remove power seat control panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
How do I remove power seat control panel

The power seat control panels have gotten a bit scratched from use. I bought matching dye and I'd like to remove the panels to re-dye them, but I can't seem to remove them. I removed the two screws, and the control panel is loose and can be pulled out a bit at the bottom, but I cannot remove it. I don't want to break anything, so I didn't apply too much force. What's the trick? Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
afletche has a spectacular aura aboutafletche has a spectacular aura about
I just did this - i couldn't find how to do it properly so just decided to go for it...... it is definitely fiddly and i managed to break the passenger side.

as you found, once the screws are out it comes loose but the panel is clipped to the internal piece. i took the switches off (they popped off) but inside are a bunch of tiny parts and springs. so take a close look at where they all go so you can put it back together.

once they are off you can unclip the panel from the inside piece. it is clipped in fairly tight all the way around. first time i tried i couldn't get it apart so decided to ski it. then after a couple days just decided that if it broke i'd have an excuse to buy some new seats so went for it.

if the wires were longer it would be easy as you could pull it out from the seat.

good luck!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by afletche
I just did this - i couldn't find how to do it properly so just decided to go for it...... it is definitely fiddly and i managed to break the passenger side.

as you found, once the screws are out it comes loose but the panel is clipped to the internal piece. i took the switches off (they popped off) but inside are a bunch of tiny parts and springs. so take a close look at where they all go so you can put it back together.

once they are off you can unclip the panel from the inside piece. it is clipped in fairly tight all the way around. first time i tried i couldn't get it apart so decided to ski it. then after a couple days just decided that if it broke i'd have an excuse to buy some new seats so went for it.

if the wires were longer it would be easy as you could pull it out from the seat.

good luck!
I'm wondering if I should just leave the panels in place and carefully touch them up without attempting to remove the panels.