996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

third radiator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Alabamatoy is infamous around these parts
third radiator

Has anyone installed this?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...96WaterCooling

My 996 seems to run a wee bit hot at the track. Was thinking of upgrading to the GT3 extra radiator. I was just wondering how difficult the installation was.

Search on this stooopid forum refuses to include the word "third" so I get everything with "radiator" in it which is like every post.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Try 3rd or center. And no I have not installed on but am looking into one. You have to be careful of the fitment as it won't fit every 996 so you may have to modify.

Originally Posted by Alabamatoy

My 996 seems to run a wee bit hot at the track. Was thinking of upgrading to the GT3 extra radiator. I was just wondering how difficult the installation was.

Search on this stooopid forum refuses to include the word "third" so I get everything with "radiator" in it which is like every post.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:34 PM
kromdom is infamous around these parts
On a different forum, good DIY: http://www.renntech.org/forums/tutor...-instructions/

Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Was thinking of upgrading to the GT3 extra radiator. I was just wondering how difficult the installation was.
Installation is pretty simple. The most difficult part will be purging the air out of the system, once complete. We can help if you run into any problems.

I have a brand new, in the box 3rd/center radiator bundle (with all hardware, hoses, etc.) for sale. It came with VF's supercharger kit that I'm currently installing -- https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-install.html and I already have one.

Let me know if you're interested. Selling for less than dealer.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
We offer the kit and it includes everything expect for coolant. This kit includes all genuine Porsche parts to update your 996 cooling system.

Includes:
  • Center radiator
  • Mounting bracket with bushings, bolts, and speed nuts
  • Air duct for front bumper
  • Intake and return hoses for radiator
  • Hose clamps
Click Here for more information.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Does that kit fit the C4S also, or just the C2/C4? I've heard they require different kits.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Dennis, you are correct. The C4s kit is different from the C2/C4 and a bit more. For more information Click Here.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough

Doc been looking at doing this myself. LMK how it works out for you. Are you going to TGPR DE in April?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 PM
stephan_porsche is infamous around these parts
I have a 3rd Radiator and 160 Degree Thermostat, works great!!! Normal driving temp all ways stays around 160-180 and even at a all day track day pushing the car hard I have NEVER seen over 200.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Alabamatoy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by matthewbounds
Doc been looking at doing this myself. LMK how it works out for you. Are you going to TGPR DE in April?
I plan to be at TGPR DE. Have bought a set of used, kinda rough wheels with slicks from one of the other club members, looking forward to trying them out. He has found somewhere to get slightly used track tires from a race team at very good price.

I probably will NOT have this 3rd radiator by then, though.

Originally Posted by stephan_porsche
I have a 3rd Radiator and 160 Degree Thermostat, works great!!! Normal driving temp all ways stays around 160-180 and even at a all day track day pushing the car hard I have NEVER seen over 200.
This is good to hear. Thanks.