996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Selling my car makes me a bit sad...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Selling my car makes me a bit sad...

It's just a car!!! But, damn if I don't feel this emotional attachment to it!! It's been a work of passion for me to get it to where she is/was. She will be missed.

This is crazy! I am crazy! Someone buy it before I change my mind!!

Old 08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
it's ok you'll be happier with crazy fast turbo!!! you'll not miss it then!!

Old 08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
You'll forget all about it when the new car arrives and you start modding it.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Itzkirb
You'll forget all about it when the new car arrives and you start modding it.
You will too! You should buy Mike's turbo!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Frisco is infamous around these parts
My benz is up at the shop today and I just experienced the WHETSPT first hand - that thing is HOT!!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:48 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Hey Robyn, I was at the old Akkurat place a couple of months back and your car was there. I noticed a nice looking sub on the back shelf.

Where did you get that from ?

Old 08-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Are you parting out the car or selling it with all the mods?

The car is perfect! Good luck with the sale, I am sure it will sell fast.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Re: Selling my car makes me a bit sad...

Originally posted by RobynC
It's just a car!!! But, damn if I don't feel this emotional attachment to it!! It's been a work of passion for me to get it to where she is/was. She will be missed.

This is crazy! I am crazy! Someone buy it before I change my mind!!

ah it's the end of an era and a new one begins.

good luck finding your turbo. part of the fun is in the hunt.

hey, we should swap wheels before it's sold!

Old 08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah , can I borrow it on the 10th?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by Frisco
My benz is up at the shop today and I just experienced the WHETSPT first hand - that thing is HOT!!
Thanks Frisco! She'll be missed!

Simon - That custom sub can be purchased from a company called Tru Technology, they did the system in the car.

Vik - thanks! But, yes, I am parting the car out somewhat. PSS9, H&R sways front and back and EVO CF Strut brace, bypass pipes, SC (might be sold already), wheels, the GT3 RS wing (sold already) is all up for grabs. The rest is staying with the car.

Carlos - Hmmm, you might be onto something there my friend.

Alex - If it's not sold... *I* need something to drive But, I'll tell ya what, I'll let you borrow it for $63k!!

Old 08-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
sure is sad, but i'm curious as to what goes onto the turbo too.....

Old 08-31-2005, 11:51 PM
blacknight is infamous around these parts
Robyn,

I know how you feel. I am comtemplating around selling mine and the thought of it parting me is sad already. At least, you will have a TT to replace it. It will be better once you find one. Good luck.

Rich

Old 09-01-2005, 12:12 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
This is your first nice car or sport car?

For me, my first love was a RX7 TT that was sold. To this day, I still am attached.

My 996 is a better car in every way. However, it'll never replace what my RX7 meant to me. I baby my 996 but if I can afford a F car later, I'd not miss it.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by djantlive
This is your first nice car or sport car?

For me, my first love was a RX7 TT that was sold. To this day, I still am attached.

My 996 is a better car in every way. However, it'll never replace what my RX7 meant to me. I baby my 996 but if I can afford a F car later, I'd not miss it.

No, had several nice cars in my short life. And this is my second new Porsche. Just feeling rather attached to this one. I believe it's because of what she has morphed in to. She started bone stock and turned into something very special (to me). It was a blast looking forward to the next mod. My Boxster S was much the same, being my first Porsche and having achieved a dream (owning a Pcar). I'm a lucky lady...and here I am working on my third Pcar...I shouldn't be sad, I should be counting my blessings for being so lucky!

Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 AM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
I hear ya'.....Here I am contemplating selling as well, but planning out my next mod...its crazy....but for now...my car stays....did you know the 996 gets 34 mpg on the highway? According to my computer it does...what a fun AND economical car! Good luck finding a TT, it'll be a blast.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling my car makes me a bit sad...