996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Carbon Fiber Idea... maybe group buy..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2003 | 12:07 PM
|
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Carbon Fiber Idea... maybe group buy..

Hey kevin... or anyone with a cf interior...

i am thinking of gettinga few carbon fiber pieces done for our cars.. i may be able to contact a custome carbon fiber maker that makes excellent work .

im thinking of gettinga cf armrest doen for our cars... expecially since we can get the center console panel iin cf, but porsche does not make one for the center armrest...

here is an armrest he made for amn 89 toyota supra , the quality looks great..

here's aother pic of it..

he would probably need a sample of an armrest, i will donote mine to be the sacrificial lamb , and probbaly a sample of the type fo weave that we want, i can send him my cf shifter for a reference..

on thing i need to know is if the weave of teh center console is the same as the weave ont he shiftknob, i want the weave for the panel to be exactly of very close to teh tequipment carbon fibe parts...

what do you say guys...

ill try to contact him to get more details..

Old 11-11-2003 | 04:33 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
I'd be very interested in getting some carbon fiber pieces. I've actually been looking for someone who lays carbon fiber. Where does this guy you know work out of? i'd like to make a few other pieces also.

Old 11-11-2003 | 06:01 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Joe you will have to remove your entire center console to get the lid off.. Im pretty CF'd out.. I think it might be to much CF for my car... thanks though

Old 11-11-2003 | 06:30 PM
alexskee is infamous around these parts
Re: Carbon Fiber Idea... maybe group buy..

Count me in. You can never have too much cf.
Originally posted by 02barebones996

i am thinking of gettinga few carbon fiber pieces done for our cars.. i may be able to contact a custome carbon fiber maker that makes excellent work .

im thinking of gettinga cf armrest doen for our cars... expecially since we can get the center console panel iin cf, but porsche does not make one for the center armrest...

he would probably need a sample of an armrest, i will donote mine to be the sacrificial lamb , and probbaly a sample of the type fo weave that we want, i can send him my cf shifter for a reference..

on thing i need to know is if the weave of teh center console is the same as the weave ont he shiftknob, i want the weave for the panel to be exactly of very close to teh tequipment carbon fibe parts...

what do you say guys...

Old 11-11-2003 | 08:58 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Kevin M.
Joe you will have to remove your entire center console to get the lid off.. Im pretty CF'd out.. I think it might be to much CF for my car... thanks though

Go smoke a cigarette and have another go at it!

Old 11-12-2003 | 12:29 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Your right what the hell was I thinking! Bring it on!

Old 11-12-2003 | 10:22 AM
|
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
the thing with the prices that i found for cf parts for porsche cars have been very expensive... really expensive.

If succesful we can have the same quality as the tequipment cf parts but with less money....

the guy that i am talking to is in canada..

he is very meticolous, is very quality conscous, he can also make any custome cf parts that we want form , inside door panels or to what ever we want...

if succesful with the center arm rest console we can get other custom pieces doen in cf..

mygoal is to be for us to get quality cf parts for a reasonable price...

Old 11-12-2003 | 10:25 AM
|
im glad your in kev, i know that you are the mod king.. you cna't be done with your car...

i will be talking to him more and i will personally send out my center armrest to be the test mule....

we may have to do a group buy of at least 5 people...
if that is opkay with you guys...

Old 11-12-2003 | 02:59 PM
alexskee is infamous around these parts
Re: Carbon Fiber Idea... maybe group buy..

Hey, I just spoke to Matt at Meridian and he said he sell the cf armrest for approx $650 but if we do a group buy it should be around $450 and some change. What do you guys think.
Originally posted by 02barebones996

what do you say guys...

Old 11-12-2003 | 03:32 PM
|
wow 450 bux for the armrest... ill ask the gu if he can beat that price...

650 or 450 i think that's a huge amount of money...

Old 11-12-2003 | 03:34 PM
Modaholic
Welcome to the drug called CF

Old 11-12-2003 | 06:30 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Kevin,
It's not a drug.
It's a lifestyle.
Ciao

Old 11-12-2003 | 07:20 PM
Modaholic
Sounds like a commerical!! I like it!

Old 11-13-2003 | 11:17 AM
|
hey kevin...

can you please do me a favor, is it possible if you can take a picture of your rear center console upclose, i want to show the guy, how bug the weave is and how the pattern moves, so that he can make the armrest weave in the same direction..

also i didnt haveto take out the whole armrest, what i did is just took tle cover piece out of the armrest it was only like 8 torx screws.. hopefully we can get it below the 200.00 range... i will try to make it so that it is a replacemnt piece of the top part, then we can just screw it back again with the original bottom piece of the arm rest... i beleiev we can save some $$$ on that...

please e-mail me the pics at clkracer1@aol.com

thanks.. or if anyone has close ups of the center rear console in cf i would appreciate please email them to me...

Old 11-13-2003 | 11:38 AM
Modaholic
Email sent.... also as I mentioned in the email I'd like to have a CF non smokers ash tray and door plug (for console).. See what he would charge for that..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Idea... maybe group buy..